Randy Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    The Marshall 1959RR is a great head! Very loud and has classic old school Marshall tone. When is yours arriving?
    Are you getting one? My local dealer had a full stack and man was it beautiful! A buddy of mine that's a tube amp whiz is building me a Plexi clone with a push pull pot that will activate the cascading mod like what is in the RR head. Mine will be 50 watts with a Master volume though. I can't imagine a 100 watt head and no Master volume! Considering Randy had several of those things blaring behind him it's no wonder Ozzy can't talk anymore! HA HA!

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
      Has someone ever seen a pic of the Sandoval V that Lynch had?
      I was thinking the samething! I'd love to see a pic of that guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
        Are you getting one? My local dealer had a full stack and man was it beautiful! A buddy of mine that's a tube amp whiz is building me a Plexi clone with a push pull pot that will activate the cascading mod like what is in the RR head. Mine will be 50 watts with a Master volume though. I can't imagine a 100 watt head and no Master volume! Considering Randy had several of those things blaring behind him it's no wonder Ozzy can't talk anymore! HA HA!
        Yes I will have a full story on this soon. I heard the amp in peson at NAMM and it sounds good!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Not sure.

You can tell a 1972 LP because the pickups have "Gibson" embossed on them.

The 1974 I heard was an aniversary, which should have had a special inlay on the 12th fret saying "20th Aniversary" or something link that.
          I know for a fact Randy's Paul didn't have the gibson logo on the pickups, unless he changed it. I agree with the '74 anniversary model, but I know a huge Randy fan that owns a '74 Cream Les Paul that's not and anniversary, just a standard custom.
          sigpic

Comment

Cool article. Those were magical times.

Comment

Working...
            X