No announcement yet.

Criss Oliva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat down with their cds last night after watching these vids - man, their stuff is a blast to jam with.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      Speaking of keeping the faith...

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk5tUnM99_E
      That was fucking incredible. Thanks for posting that link.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Thanks for posting. Criss meant a lot to me... Fucking nice guy to meet... Sigh...

Comment

Criss had the touch that i dont hear in most of the newer players who can rip
          this vid clip if proof of that
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
            Criss had the touch that i dont hear in most of the newer players who can rip
            this vid clip if proof of that
            Cleveland John thru my Marshall is as close as you're going to get to Criss Oliva. He does it extremely well..nothing even compares! Jon Oliva would shit!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for the props man... We get this tribute going again, maybe we'll get a decent recording of some stuff.

Comment

Cool..

I always thought this had to be a HUGE influence of the Oliva Bros...I think!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdr_st81qc

"39 lashes" is one of the first riffs I ever learned..
                Last edited by horns666; 09-19-2008, 05:00 AM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Those friggin hippies were pretty unbearable, but I guess I see a correlation... Sorta...

Those flogging Village people fags in the purple muscles shirts and tin hats were just too much...

Comment

Hippies yes..but I could easily hear Savatage in that..to the dynamics and tone in the vocals, the piano arrangement..and the very riff itself...done by the guitarist in Spooky Tooth.

Wasn't that William Dafoe as Jesus???

Comment

NO, but here he is, and David Bowie is Pontius Pilate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rtCx...eature=related
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Hippies yes..but I could easily hear Savatage in that..to the dynamics and tone in the vocals, the piano arrangement..and the very riff itself...done by the guitarist in Spooky Tooth.

Wasn't that William Dafoe as Jesus???
                        Sebastian Bach played Jesus in the Broadway version for awhile in like 2003 or so.

Comment

Wow..thanks guys..there is MUCH more Jesusy epicy, rock opera thingy than I thought...the original kinda looked like a young William Dafoe too..

:idea:wait..wasn't Ian Gillan involved somewhere in this..I'm too lazy to research it..

That original look kinda goofy now. But that made a big impression on me at the time..you gotta remember, I was a full blown (pun) cath-o-lick boyee..until I reached the age of reason.

that's my first baddass riff..."39 lashes"..not much to the lyrics, but very effective!

I used to drive my poor mom nuts with that riff all day on my first pos acoustic geetar..chasing her around the house..1.....2.....3......4......5......6.....7... ...until she smacked me 39 times!!

Comment

Yep, Ian Gillan was Jesus in the original London production, before the movie.

Comment

Working...
                            X