Jesus Built My Hotrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Built My Hotrod

Ministry. I remember getting a copy of this when I was 17 or so. It was the "Redline/Whiteline" version, only on the single iirc. Borrowed it from a buddy, never gave it back.

As a kid it was the most dangerous song/most tickets received tune I'd ever heard. For YEARS I tried to find a copy of the "good" version of it, not the shitty radio version that cuts out all the best parts. Lost track of the CD years ago, have searched for it ever since. Finally found it on E-bay with a couple other CD's for 5 bucks. Showed up today.

Song still fuckin' rips. Gibby Hayes from the Butthole Surfers on vocals (if you can call them that). Just pure, drop the fuckin' hammer, let's hit the fuckin' road goodness.

I'm going to rip it tomorrow- If any of you guys want me to send you an MP3 or WMA of it, let me know. If you've never heard it, well, it's just a good time. Not metal, exactly, but just pure tire-shredding good times.

Vass

I still have that CD in the proverbial stack of old cd's.
    Along with that banned Public Enemy!

Yes, it rawked!

Comment

I got to see 'em on their last tour with Tommy Victor & Raven (from Prong) not long before Raven passed away. Damn good show. That whole album that had GBMHR was badass if ya ask me.
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Cool. I've got that CD in my collection, too.

Jesus Built My Hotrod (Redline/Whiteline Version) [8:15]
        Jesus Built My Hotrod (Short, Pussillanimous*, So-They-Can-Fit-More-Commercials-On-The-Radio Edit) [3:45]
        TV Song [3:12]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's a killer track! I have the Redline/Whiteline cut on an Industrial compilation album Hot Wired Monstertrux.
          Got to see Ministry a couple of months ago. One of the best gigs I've seen for a long time. (They didn't do Hotrod...)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go dinga ding dang my dangalong ling long.

Comment

You listen to Ministry? You communists!

Ministry's great. But I think that Al Jourgensen's retiring Ministry sometime soon. Or am I wrong?
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
              You listen to Ministry? You communists!

Ministry's great. But I think that Al Jourgensen's retiring Ministry sometime soon. Or am I wrong?
              I thought I heard about him retiring Ministry soon, too.

Comment

Yeah, supposedly this was the final tour that Ministry was doing. Although I was never a big fan, I decided to go see them 'cos it would be the last chance I'd get. Awesome show, and I was surprised at how happy and smiley old Al was - I'd always assumed that he was one of those dark and miserable types.

Comment

Al (Alain) Jourgensen has always been a bit strange, and he was pretty miserable back in the day. Hell, the first Ministry album, With Sympathy, was synth pop/new wave/dance music before they turned industrial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdB6e91stm0
                  Though, he says it was the only way to get his first record deal. He'd prefer you steal it if you really want it in your collection.

The Twitch album was a little better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svVOr...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                  X