X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horns666
    replied
    Wow..you guys are actually talking about real bands in here.

I was ascared to come in here..

.."asacred" pronounced Ah-scart with a sharp T. Its a hybrid word combining afraid and scared, with a sharp T.

I actually say that sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    I remember Fifth Angel. Didn't Howard Stern use a Fifth Angel song on his original TV show on channel 9?

Leave a comment:

• HiOctane
    replied
    Originally posted by Trem View Post
    yeah, i had one of their albums, the guitarist was good, he kinda was making a name for himself a little bit....James Byrd i believe, think he did a cover of Lights Out, wasn't to bad, but really nothing comes close to the orig, so why bother
    Two killer discs!
    James Byrd played on the first one, then left. Kendall Bechtel replaced him on the second, the one with the "Lights Out" cover. Both great discs and players, but if forced I would have to go with Byrd.

For Fifth Angel style music that's as good as both of these, check out James Byrd's first "Atlantis Rising" release.

Leave a comment:

• Ben...
    replied
    Yeah, I've liked what I've heard of them so far. the song they had on the radio (XM channel 41 "The Boneyard") was "We Rule". I didn't really start paying attention until the guitar solos. Then after that was done I heard the rhythm guitar in the chorus and thought "Dude, this sounds Queensryche". Good stuff so far.

Leave a comment:

• chrisolson
    replied
    Both of the Fifth Angel albums killed!! Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Hendrix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben... View Post
    Hey, have any of you heard of Fifth Angel? I heard them on the radio yesterday and I like the Queensryche-like vibe they have. Sorry if they've already been mentioned.
    Yeah, I remember them. They were really good.

Leave a comment:

• Trem
    replied
    yeah, i had one of their albums, the guitarist was good, he kinda was making a name for himself a little bit....James Byrd i believe, think he did a cover of Lights Out, wasn't to bad, but really nothing comes close to the orig, so why bother

Leave a comment:

• Ben...
    replied
    Hey, have any of you heard of Fifth Angel? I heard them on the radio yesterday and I like the Queensryche-like vibe they have. Sorry if they've already been mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Trem
    replied
    Haha, i just actually watched the video, i LMAO.
    It's so fucking retarded HAHA, theres a part in the middle where they show a "punk" with a mokawk skankin around (while everone else look like their sedated) and the drummer zots the guy with his eye beam thingy and evaporates him, LMAO :ROTF: ah it's killin me.
    Brings me back tho,
    I finally got into the roxy and gazzaris when i was 16, i shit my pants because it was like my dream to go to these places since i was 13, i wanted to go to gazzaris, cause that's where all the cool people were playing, like Ratt and shit and it was where Van Halen, and Motley, all them started, seeing Van Halen sigs and writing on the wall backstage, and Motley Crue, all their names were on there, i remember pissing in the urinal thinking, i'm standing in the same spot as DLR was, fucking cool, lol.
    It was like a circus sideshow like a transvestite bar or something the way all the dudes looked, fuck, No i didn't tease my hair and shit, lol, but the chicks, ahh, i had a fucking blast i must say, of course there was all the cocaine, bwuahaha.
    Hey, that was the way it was in those days, '86

Leave a comment:

• chrisolson
    replied
    They did a vid for Shining Love - I was going to say that was the song you were asking about, but you beat me to it...

Leave a comment:

• Trem
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    There are 2 songs on the Odin cd that have acoustic, "She Was The One" and "Matter Of Time". "Matter Of Time" is completely acoustic though, so maybe it was "She Was The One"?
    Ahahaha, i just found it! NO WAY!
    It's from their first E.P, the song is called "Shinning Love" oh man, it's on the verge of total suck, the singer kills me, but the melody and the riffs is cool, shit i think i'm having flashbacks ahhhh, my brain..lol
    Man some things i put so much effort into saving tapes and stuff, you'd never thought back then it would be a click of a button away in the future, lol.
    http://hardrockhideout.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/video-odin-shining-love/

Leave a comment:

• Ralph E.
    replied
    There are 2 songs on the Odin cd that have acoustic, "She Was The One" and "Matter Of Time". "Matter Of Time" is completely acoustic though, so maybe it was "She Was The One"?

I think I have that Hawk cd around too. That wasn't any good either if I remember right...

Mark St. John also had a cd with a band called White Tiger.

Any of you guys that were regulars on the Strip back then, do you remember Wanted and Jade?

Leave a comment:

• Trem
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
    Odin...

I have a cd from them around here somewhere. It sucks if I remember right.
    Fuck dude, i would love to hear that again, there was one song at least i remember that i thought was pretty cool, i can hardly remember, one song had a cool acoustic riff in it or something, like a really viking or neo classical part, ...so long ago. but i liked that 1 song, they played all kinds of strip stuff on KLOS in those days on MetalShop, i'd tape it every week, and some of the tapes survived 10 or more years, i'd kept duping them..
    i had a piece of that Odin song, and a song by Randy Rhoads' brothers band "Rhoads" "livin on the edge", with some other east coast vs west coast bands, like Wasp went up against this band from NY i think they were called Hammerhead song was called "Whore", and they were pretty awesome, like Wasp in a way. Kill to have that song.
    hmn, some other shit i remember that stood out was Swift Kick...Leatherwolf...damn this stuff has has all but completely seeped out of my brain finally.

Doug Marks "Metal Method" had a band called Hawk, lol, biggest hair ever rediculously huuge hair all the band had 4x the hair of that Cinderella dude on each of em, XD
    Last edited by Trem; 08-03-2008, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sonicsamurai
    replied
    Originally posted by Razor View Post

I also thought Britny Fox with Tommy was very solid. I like all their albums, but I agree Bite Down hard was their best one, with Boys In Heat a close second.
    I would tend to agree but i thought while bite down hard was the most rocking, i think boys in heat was the most creative, and i think dean was very solid and coming into his own on that album. And there's way more to listen to on that album!!

Also does anyone have a copy of bite down hard on vinyl? I.m desperate for a copy but can never find it in stores or on ebay...

Leave a comment:

• Racerx2k
    replied
    Just found this database. Should keep us busy for a while:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X