X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3DKMG
    replied
    I dunno if anyone has put this band up, but a new 80's style band called De La Cruz from Australia just signed by Frontiers Records (same as Dokken) are awesome.
    Here's a video of their song Lust Fame Money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkgg...feature=relmfu

Leave a comment:

• Theebs
    replied
    I saw dokken in the summer of 95 in a club that held less than 1000 people in syracuse ny.

George Lynch had enough equipment to play the carrier dome that night. My friends and I were about 20 feet from him the whole show...I really thought my ears were going to explode and I was going to die.

but it was awesome. One of my friends that was with us saw them play rich stadium in 88 and at other large venues in that era and couldnt get over how these guys were playing this small place.

I loved it. One of the best concerts I ever went to, watching george lynch that close was just amazing. I liked dysfunctional they were touring with also.

the summer before I went with my friends to see quiet riot, they were playing on the deck of a ski club house in little falls ny. There were literally 50 people tops. There power cut out twice and the second time they just said the hell with it, walked off the deck and onto there giant bus and left.

anyway, just thought I would add.

Leave a comment:

• markD
    replied
    my band is like the de-facto hair band opener in the tampa bay area....and a lot of them are still able to play and sound really good. the better part is that most of them look like regular guys these days!!!!

it kills all of us though, because NOBODY in my band was into glam metal, yet here we are playing with these bands!!!! bang tango is coming up next, in february....

Leave a comment:

• SIXER
    replied
    I saw Cinderella in a small club back in the late 90's. They sounded wonderfull. I was 5 feet from the stage.

Leave a comment:

• CowboyFromHell
    replied
    Ratt I didn't see mentioned but may have overlooked among all the fantastic posts (probably got more of us laid than any other band in existance)... I sort of CAN believe I didn't see Bon Jovi mentioned unless I again may have missed it (go ahead and laugh but you know many people posting here listened to them)... Firehouse was great, I worked and played at Rockburger in Myrtle Beach and got to know Perry pretty well, great guy who started 3930 Records and signed bands that definitely deserved a shot like Up Spook Hill. Got to mention bands like Uglyroom, Trippin On Rats, and many others but that's heading into another era and genre so I'll let it go.

Leave a comment:

• pickford1625
    replied
    Tnt was the first band I ever saw in a club @ lamours east on queens blvd. The guitarist was amazing. I had been to arena shows before, but seeing that ronnie le whatever guy play a solo on 2 guitars at the same time was pretty memorable. I was 16, ordering booze like a adult. Very cool night.also vito bratta was amazing, and such a enigma..hopefully one day he gets the itch.....

Leave a comment:

• Mazrim
    replied
    They dont make em like that anymore. (The video I mean, nobody should make anything like MK1 transits).

Leave a comment:

• ginsambo
    replied
    Nah mate, you want some of this, toilet rolls, bottle, bullseye and all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKInR...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjiIHfa7DNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaehB...eature=related

Hee Hee, I got me one of them old Mk1 Transit vans!
    Last edited by ginsambo; 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    Anyone posted something about Shotgun Messiah...

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    Originally posted by dimarziofan View Post
    did anyone mention ATOMIC PLAYBOYS?
    Steve Stevens!!! \m/

Leave a comment:

• straycat
    replied
    Angel was OK more pre- glam era tho'.
    Steelheart was good, Femme Fatale kicked serious ass live too.
    Saw Bullet Boys a few times and Black Oak Arkansas as well.

Leave a comment:

• guitarzan_josh
    replied
    I'm constantly shocked by the number of 80's folks who don't know/haven't heard STEELHEART. First two CDs kick ass and I know that the guitar player used Jacksons at one point. Chris Risola... GREAT player
    War & Peace - Jeff Pilson and Russ Parrish (Steel Panther)
    Another decent band is Enuff Z Nuff. Derek Frigo.. GREAT player.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    Firehouse kicks ass
    the first album. they are from battle ground washington..I have seen them they kick ass live!

Rail.... too another washington band. played at my little high school prom...
    yeh?
    who's heard of rail?
    yeh

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    luckily you could download anything usin bit torrents
    magnum
    shark island not sure where they fit in
    music

Leave a comment:

• kramer