• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sully View Post
    did you get an email back?

sully
    No

Comment

That is the 1st production model RR0000.
      His White and Black ones were protoypes, and did not have serial numbers.
      1990 Jackson Professional
      1992 Dean ML
      2004 Epiphone Flying V
      2005 Epiphone Dot
      2009 Fender Stratocaster
      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
      2006 Fender P Bass
      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
      Custom Pedalboard
      ADA MP1
      ADA FX2
      Tascam 2488

Comment

The pictures of Randy with the black Jackson were taken at the 2nd show of the Diary tour in LA on Dec.31, 1981. Randy died on March 19th 1982. So if Randy had received the guitar prior to the Dairy tour, he would have had it for at least 3 months before he passed.

Rupe, just curious about the guitar in your Avatar. It looks just like a Rand guitar that I used to own.

Comment

It was Vivian Campbell's from his Whitesnake tenure and "Is This Love" video. Are you the Mitch that I knew when I lived in Philly who had all the Joe Despagni guitars?

Comment

Nope. Not that Mitch. But I am the one who sold you the Rand.

Comment

The Rand you have has a repaired headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                The Rand you have has a repaired headstock.
                I'm well aware of that. Do you recall how it happened? When I previously owned the guitar in '92 the headstock had not been broken yet.

Comment

Rupe,
                  When I bought the guitar from Master Musician's in Baltimore, MD, the headstock had a slight crack in it. I used it for a couple of years as it was and eventually I moved to North Carolina and while I was there, I took it to the guy who used to make Roscoe guitars and had him repair it. He said the only way to repair it was to actually break the headstock at the scarf joint on the headstock and reglue it. So this is how it came to be.

Comment

Interesting article. I also liked the little story about the "cursed" pedalboard. I was trying to get a good look at what all those buttons said, but not a good pic in the magazine.

Does anyone have a close up of Randy's pedalboard?

Comment

My scanner isn't working so I can't post a pic but it simply had stock MXR pedals in it...a Chorus, Flanger, EQ, Distortion +, as well as a Crybaby Wah and a Roland Volume pedal. Off of the board he used a Roland Space Echo for delay

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                        My scanner isn't working so I can't post a pic but it simply had stock MXR pedals in it...a Chorus, Flanger, EQ, Distortion +, as well as a Crybaby Wah and a Roland Volume pedal. Off of the board he used a Roland Space Echo for delay
                        Interesting, so I figure the pedalboard was used to program which effects were on/off at any one time. Sounds uncomplicated, but who knows with the circuitry back then..., you know the 80s! (place sarcasm here, sort of). And I guess Randy wasn't into the tap dance routine that Eddie pulled off.
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Not Randy's guitar... it's RR0000

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          Here's something I found from Guitar World's website as an outtake. Not sure if it will let me hot-link, but here it is. I also must admit, I never really focused on Randy's Guitars, but someone else could enlighten us..

This is most likely RR0000 - It was the first production RR that was given to Ms. Rhoads. If I remember correctly, Kelly told me that this was pulled out for that shoot.

D

Comment

Working...
                          X