Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk

Children Of Bodom's highly anticipated 6th studio effort "Blooddrunk" sees the light of day in the course of the next two weeks.

Blooddrunk street dates are the following:

April 9th: Finland & Japan
    April 11th: Germany
    April 14th: Europe
    April 15th: USA
    So let's discuss!

First of all, let's not talk about how great the old albums are or how gay or hot you think Alexi looks haha.

Do you like this album / Bodom's new style starting from around HDR?

It took me a while to get used to COB's new style, but I dig it now. Awesome music to rock out to and they still have plenty of solos.

This new album seems a lot like AYDY but it's got more power and energy. It's kinda lacking in the memorable riffs department though.. I'll have to listen to it some more to really get into it. So far so good.
    Last edited by AfterForever; 04-09-2008, 12:01 PM.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

I saw the "blooddrunk" video single on HB's ball the other day, and I think it was a really good song. Nice riffs and songwriting..sounded fresh. Easily as good as anything on AYDY! The video was predictable though..but hey, when was the last time anyone saw a good metal video ?

Comment

^true about the metal videos haha.

I thought "blooddrunk" was one of the lesser songs on the album, so I think you'll like the rest too
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Stopped listening to them when HDR was released. I won't talk about how awesome Follow The Reaper is compared to the new shit!

Comment

HDR was my introduction to COB. Alexi's vocals are quite pathetic, but everything else is good enough that I got over it. I never warmed up to the earlier stuff as much, but I don't see a huge difference. HDR and AYDY may have slightly stronger hooks...?

What I've heard from Blooddrunk so far made me yawn.
          This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I have loved everything COB has done up until now. I've had the Bloodrunk CD now for a couple weeks and I'm just not digging it. Yeah, it's heavy but there is nothing memorable on the CD. No killer riffs, nothing to grab you and make you headbang. It's just heavy noise. Really disappointed.

Comment

I stopped listening to Bodom after AYDY. THAT was dissapointing. They used to kick ass. I never got into the cheesy keyboard aspect (I like keys, don't get me wrong. I myself started on classical piano when I was 9) but the rest of the band had a great sound. I guess Alexi started getting into the Nu Metal scene, which oddly coincided with their new deal with Universal.....hrmmm.... and everything went down the shitter.

I blame Saddam.

Comment

COB was never really good. good solos, alright riffs, awful vocals and a repetitive formula

you go through their entire discography (hey, i did) and can only pick out a hand full of great songs (several of which are covers, which doesnt say much...). every album is spotty at best.

ill download this new album and give it a review, but im none too excited, seeing as itll just sound like a watered down version of things they've already done...

Comment

I just watched the vid on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usw42bkTK_E

As for the song? Not as strong as other material they have released. I have not heard the album yet though, but I'll pick it up when it comes out.

I like their newer stuff though. Hate Crew was the first COB album I heard. Then Reaper then Dead Yet. I like Hate Crew and Dead Yet better than Reaper. I like it when they slow it down a bit. Punch Me I Bleed and Angels Don't Kill come to mind as very strong songs IMHO.

And anyone who rips on his voice better not be a Kreator fan because he's ripping off Miland 'Mille' Petrozza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2EPafqJBXg
                  Last edited by Bengal; 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM.
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

They need to just put out the new Sinergy album already. Kim's vocals rule!!!!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like it, EXCEPT for the keys..so much heavier without the "tinkin" in the background..that's just me though, and I wish his vocals would be a bit heavier to support the heaviness of the song. Overall, good stuff. Those are just minor gripes..won't stop me from pickin up the CD

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        They need to just put out the new Sinergy album already. Kim's vocals rule!!!!
                        Joe they that album has been don for a couple years now. They just need to add some solos and whatnots..so that should be comming soon.

I agree with Jeri about the keys. I prefer the key sounds they had up to Hatecrew. I don't mind that they ditched the neo-classical Malmsteenisms for a more straight foward vibe. I just have problems with their keyboard sound choices..but the songs do grow on you..and I like them..due to my son. He actually prefers the last few releases over Something Wild, Hatebereeder, and Follow the reaper. Of course I turned him onto Kalmah, Norther and Skyfire...and ect.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The keyboard player is way better than Alexi if you listen to what they're playing...

Comment

nintendo metal

Comment

That's DragonForce!

Comment

Working...
                              X