Bengal made a point about playing your own orig. tunes, and not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengal made a point about playing your own orig. tunes, and not

just mimicing others exact note for note songs...That made me want to post this guy! Clone others playing done
    at its highest art form! Check out his vids on Youtube...perfect
    Satch, Vai, Gary Moore, Carlos, SRV, funky blues...MAN! This
    kid may be the ultimate studio clone guitarist! Here is just one of
    his perfect "Homages" to the best out there!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3WWvGDYAOmk

Robert,
    The guy is a good clone, no doubt about it. But at the end of the day that's all he is, a clone.

He does have Satch and Vai's tone down.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

That guy should do tracks for guitar hero games

Comment

That's pretty damn good.
        Enjoyed watching this guy.
        His efforts are not in vain, It's easy to cop someones notes, but to play it exact, and with nuance and tone ect, that's another story.
        Hhe could be very kick ass on his own stuff as well.
        This guy could make a great studio musician even, being versatile in styles helps immensly.
        Shit, Vai himself could see his youtube video, and ask him to tour, you never know

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          The guy is a good clone, no doubt about it. But at the end of the day that's all he is, a clone.
          After seeing a video of him improvising, I wouldn't be so quick to write him off as just being a clone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-93kZpzmU

There's some Vai-ish phrasing at 2:25, and some Reb Beach-ish tapping at 2:50. By "-ish", I'm saying that he's incorporated those players' techniques into his own playing, not cloning them.

He probably plays other people's tunes note for note just to show that he can.

In any case, he's about 30 times a better player than I am...
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
            After seeing a video of him improvising, I wouldn't be so quick to write him off as just being a clone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-93kZpzmU

There's some Vai-ish phrasing at 2:25, and some Reb Beach-ish tapping at 2:50. By "-ish", I'm saying that he's incorporated those players' techniques into his own playing, not cloning them.

He probably plays other people's tunes note for note just to show that he can.

In any case, he's about 30 times a better player than I am...
            His stuff is decent, but I still hear cloning in his original stuff as well.

I'm not slamming this guy at all. He's a good guitarist. Better than I am as well, no doubt there. I would just take that time and find my own style. But that's me. His path has suited him well.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

He is the only one i´ve seen playing Christmas Time Is Here of Vai... not even Vai I´ve seen playing it!
              '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
              '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
              custom made Les Paul
              VOX Tonelab LE
              Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
              ADA MP1
              BBE 422A
              Lexicon MPX-G2
              ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
              Support Your Local 81

Comment

Sounds like the real deal to me, not really a complete clone. According to him, he's picked out these songs by ear and they may not be the same as original. Which is just as well considering the covers he's doing. Satch, EVH, Vai and Johnson all leave plenty of room to improvise. They might play some parts note for note on some songs, but they change things up a lot, so that each performance is slightly different. I found myself thinking he had improved on a few parts of some of these tunes.

Comment

I *want* to be a hair metal guitarist clone :P

Comment

Say what you like about this guy being a clone but in my rather limited capacitance as a guitar player this guy is a GOD.

I can't believe he could pick that up just by listening to it. This time I really think I am gonna give up.

Comment

I don't think he's a clone but I don't see something special in his style either. He's a great player no doubt about that And that video didn't sound like an improvisation to me
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

All good points... im just mad that some of his vids have been pulled by
                        'Youtube! His rendition of EJ's Manhatten is perfect! And my favorite
                        is "Time" by Satch. His tone rips...he rips! (i guess im shallow, cause
                        i would sell my soul to be able to play this many styles perfectly!
                        I'll just have to be happy with being as good a shredder as Roy Orbison! :ROTF:

Comment

I don't think that guy's awesome or something like that. Just a regular joe (or giovanni ) playing some virtuoso tunes. everyone does that nowadays. And I see nothing special about his technique. He's between decent and good , imo.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                            That's pretty damn good.
                            Enjoyed watching this guy.
                            His efforts are not in vain, It's easy to cop someones notes, but to play it exact, and with nuance and tone ect, that's another story.
                            Hhe could be very kick ass on his own stuff as well.
                            This guy could make a great studio musician even, being versatile in styles helps immensly.
                            Shit, Vai himself could see his youtube video, and ask him to tour, you never know
                            +1
                            I concur.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                              I don't think that guy's awesome or something like that. Just a regular joe (or giovanni ) playing some virtuoso tunes. everyone does that nowadays. And I see nothing special about his technique. He's between decent and good , imo.
                              I love ya man, but Pleeassseee.
                              Whether he learns Via, Satch, Van Halen and etc.
                              The technique and skill he's acquired throughout the journey of learning such players is an understatement.
                              Its helped to make him a good guitarist indeed.
                              Imagine the arsenal he has? Guaranteed, he definitely can be spontaneous and creative in a band jam session, that much is obvious.
                              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                              X