No announcement yet.

So I just discovered Frank Gambale....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just discovered Frank Gambale....

...and I'm loving it!

I walked into my local GC yesterday for some accessories and they had a bargain bin with his DVD "Modes: No More Mystery" for only $5. I thought what the hey, I've heard his name before just never listened to him. Got home, put the DVD in, and WOW...I like his stuff! Great instructional material too!

Anyone else here like him? ...or make some recommendations for some other material of his?
    E = Fb

They should also have some of his sweep picking technique videos. Dweezil said that when he was working on playing his father's material for Zappa Plays Zappa, he had to turn to Gambale's sweep picking techniques to get the phrasing and speed right.

A word of warning to anyone checking out these videos for the first time — Gambale's back hair is pretty fightening!
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
      A word of warning to anyone checking out these videos for the first time — Gambale's back hair is pretty fightening!

The 80's clothes are fun to look at too.
      E = Fb

Comment

I have the Modes DVD, & it's great. He's an awesome player for sure. I'm into more aggressives styles of music most of the time, but there's no denying his talent. Seems like he has a real knack for teaching, too.

Comment

Working...
        X