Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Timmons Mesa Boogie Clinic -pics/review inside

The Andy Timmons clinic/show was Saturday night 2-9-08 in Chicago. Man,
    what a performance! I know it was only a clinic but Andy was UN-believable!
    You have to see him play to believe how versatile he is.

He basically put on a 90 minute show with a lot of interaction and discussion between
    each song for a total of about 10 songs. He played about 5 older songs on the Mesa
    Lonestar from "That Was Then This is Now" cd including "Super 70's", "Pink Champaigne",
    "Cry For You", etc...

Then he switched over to the Stiletto and played about 5 songs from the latest
    “Resolution” cd. His finale was the shred-eriffic "Groove or Die" but we almost convinced
    him to play "Headed For the Ditch" on one of the store's Relic Tele's!!! He would've
    done it but the jack was messed up.

Anyway, we arrived about an hour early and when we walked into the store we
    found him just sitting around talking and changing some strings and doing some
    sound checks:

This was his set-up. A Lonestar amp and a Stiletto amp.

He relied heavily on the BB Preamp for his leads. It sounded amazing!

This guy is so laid-back and nice! He hung around after the show just talking with
    everyone and signing autographs. He was in no hurry to leave….it was great!
    E = Fb

Sounds killer man. Did he say anything about leaving Ibanez?

edit:nevermind, read the other thread.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Very cool...great pics.

Comment

What a night! He's my current favorite shredder... because of all
        the intracacy going on if you listen close. Top 5 imo. Im so jealous
        of you!

Comment

why people still call serious musicians shredders???
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            why people still call serious musicians shredders???
            Why not? It started out as a complimentary term to describe someone who could actually play with some technical proficiency, unlike a lot of the shitty players of the 80's.

Comment

Thanks for the most excellent pics Axe!
              Sounds like a great time
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

ask him if he likes to be called a "shredder"
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thanks for the pics and write-up. I got to see and meet Andy on several occasions when I lived in Texas and he truly is a laid-back guy with incredible chops and melodic sense.

Andy's tones are fantastic, too. It was the sounds on "Resolution" that got me interested in the Stiletto. He recorded the disc using some old Marshalls but if you listen to some of his live clips, the Stilettos pretty well nail the tones on the studio recordings.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    ask him if he likes to be called a "shredder"
                    I would almost guarantee that he doesn't care, as long as people are calling him.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

GRat pics!
                      I'm sooooo jealous, I've been a huge Timmons fan for a few years now, and he never comes up this way.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. I lived in Texas for 3 years and was never able to catch him in his own state I knew this was a VERY rare opportunity.

As far as the two amps are concerned, I think I liked the Lonestar sound a little better. The tone seemed thicker and had less mids but he might've eq'd it that way. Of course he used the BB Preamp on both amps but it made that Lonestar sing!
                        E = Fb

Comment

Oh by the way, every time I've ordered something from his website whether its just a cd or a t-shirt or one of his tabs, he always includes a personalized autographed 8x10 promo photo. I told him how much that meant to me (and us as fans) and he really dug it. He understands how important that stuff is to us little guys and he expressed a deep appreciation for his fans all night. He's a true class act.
                          E = Fb

Comment

I've seen him at NAMM a few times and always incredible playing, whether you call him a shredder or badass or whatever Michaelangelo Batio stopped by last year at the Mesa booth to watch him play.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X