Mustaine talks about Glen & Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine talks about Glen & Chris

Wow, he's still surprising me He's just trying to play "the best" If Shawn wasn't still in the band I'm sure he wouldn't be saying good things about Glen

And about Chris Broderick he says "it's like when Ozzy found Randy"

He's still my fav. composer You can read the interview here

http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2008/...king-year-off/
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Alexi is a brilliant guitar player. In Flames may not have the same kind of guitar wunderkind that Children of Bodom does, but Megadeth does. In fact, Megadeth has two really great guitar players.

:ROTF: Classic.

Comment

He is nice about Glen because he is scared of his brother. Otherwise he would be bitching like a woman by now
      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
        :ROTF: Classic.
        It's nothing to be said on an interview but I have to agree with him
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Alexi is a brilliant guitar player. In Flames may not have the same kind of guitar wunderkind that Children of Bodom does, but Megadeth does. In fact, Megadeth has two really great guitar players.
          I bet he meant himself first, then added Chris Broderick on as an afterthought...

Comment

Glen left? aww

Comment

Originally posted by masterofsolos View Post
              Glen left? aww
              how is this news to u NOW??

its interesting how he's looked at it. he basically says that he wants someone who is more marty sounding. so is this just from a touring perspective, or does he want to the bands sound to return more to the sort of rust in peace era in the future?

Comment

"Glen was influenced a lot by Chris Polland, and we don't play a lot of Megadeth from the Chris Polland era."

Which is why I don't pay to see you guys anymore...

"Oh, my God, that’s great.” But then I also thought, “Well, [Shrapnel Records Founder] Mike Varney has dozens of guys that can do that. They just sit in a room all day long, have no life, are acne farmers and play guitar. Couldn’t do a solo to save their life that wasn’t their own. Obviously, he’s a ripping, great, brilliant guitar player – better than me, but…”

Nice to see he's still a fuckin' douchebag...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

He doesn't want someone who sounds like Marty. He wants Marty, but he doesn't wanna pay big bucks and he just can't confess that he missed Marty
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Althought I Dave is a friend of mine, I find it disturbing with the comment about Glen sounding like Poland and Chris soundling like Marty. I mean, can't these guys sound like them selves on their own merit. They are both killer guitarists, I think it would make them both feel odd that they have to be someone else in a band situation. That kind of thinking has to contribute to some of the problems they have in the band. I wish both Glen and Chris the best of luck with their new situations. Rock on guys.
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

He should just get Jeff Young or Al Pitrelli back already!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

my friend, michael, has been doing some bass work with jeff young on his newest project. i don't think jeff would EVER go near megadeth again. he has moved on to MUCH more "musical" projects.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                          Althought I Dave is a friend of mine, I find it disturbing with the comment about Glen sounding like Poland and Chris soundling like Marty. I mean, can't these guys sound like them selves on their own merit. They are both killer guitarists, I think it would make them both feel odd that they have to be someone else in a band situation. That kind of thinking has to contribute to some of the problems they have in the band. I wish both Glen and Chris the best of luck with their new situations. Rock on guys.
                          To tell ya the truth, I think Dave has just been reading all of these internet forums where everyone is crying for Marty. He is very connected with the internet and that all anyone says. Too bad...But I would bet he is taking this opportunity to satisfy those fans.

Glen does NOT sound like Chris P and Chris B does NOT sound like Marty. That is just a stupid statement. I have been listening to Chris B and Glen for years...Never even heard either of them mention Deth guitarists as influences before they became involved in the band.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

glen's playing with king diamond was awesome.
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              my friend, michael, has been doing some bass work with jeff young on his newest project. i don't think jeff would EVER go near megadeth again. he has moved on to MUCH more "musical" projects.
                              Yeah, I know Jeff would never go back. I was checking out his website not too long ago. He's been doing quite a bit with managing his wife's career and getting his own music together.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X