Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napam Death: does any of there songs have lyrics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napam Death: does any of there songs have lyrics?

Well I just downloaded a late 80's british tv special/documentary on Slayer and Napam Death, and i've never hear a song of Napam Death and they played 3 songs and in ALL OF THEM the singer started with a cookie monster scream, then another one, then 3 in a row, then there was a pause and then the same thing all over and the song ended... I was like, well this must be a joke of a song, but then the next song started and it was all the same! and then the next one and that was all that the singer did!!! WTF is he suppose to be singing lyrics or are all there songs just screams??? if so, should they should be consider an instrumental group? jeje
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Smear Campaign is a bad ass album!!
    I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
      Napalm Death: does any of there songs have lyrics?
      Yes. All of them.

Comment

Their songs but then I assume your English is better than my Spanish/Portuguese.
        I fucking hated them when I first saw them and I still do.

Now Lawnmower Deth, now we're talking!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJz6_PEu6Iw
        Last edited by shobet; 01-29-2008, 08:27 PM.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Freehill View Post
          Yes. All of them.
          ha ha ha haha hahaha
          "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
          I just made that quote..

Comment

Napalm Death are a seminal band in the grindcore scene and that documentary is legendary. With that 15 minute slot, the accompanying footage that was shot for a BBC2 Arena program documentary on Heavy metal (for which the Slayer footage was also shot) and the late great John Peel championing the band on his Radio 1 show Monday to Thursday evening in the early 90s they changed the face of the "extreme" metal scene in the UK, Europe and the US to an extent, and also had a significant impact on the "heavy metal" scene in general.

The Napalm Death style is pretty damn extreme and regular "metal" fans are not going to be into it. Their musical style is poretty much derrided by 99% of "music" fans as well but anyone with any objectivity can spot that while they might not like it, it takes a level of musical ability and accomplishment to play this sort of thing.

And yes, all of the songs have lyrics, they are often socially and politically aware.

@ Shobet - enter the church of the apocalyptic lawnmower! ENNNNTTTTEEERRR!

Comment

The Napalm Death in the Arena documentary is a very different band from the one recording today. As far as I remember, there is only one member (Shane Embury) who is still current. These days their music is rather more sophisticated, and while not exactly more "melodic", a bit less chaotic. Great band!

Comment

Watch Out Grandma Here Comes Lawn-Mower.

If you had the Napalm Death lyrics in front of you and could match them to the row in your headphones, you are a. very lucky or b. cheating.

Is that fat fucker still in ND? Well, there you go. I never did find out whether his ridiculous hair was real or a wig, despite vowing to stagedive on him when he was at a gig in Brum and steal the offending syrup. Many times I tried, but just never got close enough (ie. he was standing at the back acting cool with his toadies). Then again, maybe he was simply too corpulent to get in there and thrash about.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The old stuff with Lee Dorian on vocals is interesting. :ROTF: I've got a few of their CDs somewhere in my collection, haven't listened to them in a long time.

I prefer most of the stuff with Barney Greenway on vocals.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X