Happy Birthday Eddie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Eddie

Yesterday was his birthday and I had a chance to sing happy birthday to him at a sold out AAC in Dallas. The concert was great even though I had nosebleed seats I still enjoyed it. First time I have seen them since '86 and that was with Hagar of course. Before the concert I was noticing the crowd has changed a lot from back then but it was probably a lot of the same people. I have changed to, I guess we do when are 22 years older, huh. If you get a chance to see them it's worth the price at least the $75 a ticket my wife paid.

"Yesterday was his birthday and I had a chance to sing happy birthday to him at a sold out AAC in Dallas."

Well, I certainly hope others were involved in that, and not just you, in your nosebleed seat, screaming "HAPPY!!! BIRTHDAY!!! TO!!! YOU!!!", like a derelict.

hehe
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Slash,
      Honest review of the show please.
      What tunes, how was the sound, how did the kid do, did you miss the Mike Anthony background vocals, was Dave enough or too much, how did they get along, etc... etc.
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

The chemistry was great, Eddie seamed sober... Dave started off Happy Birthday about 1/3 or so the way through their set. Once HB was done Eddie and Dave were hugging and smiling. Little Wolfie was great... He moved around some.. not as much as ed and dave but I thought he did a good job. I would have rather seen MA but I'm glad I didn't let that stop me from going. The backup harmonies were really good, I was surprised how good they were. As for the set list... I'm not sure I could name 'em all they played for about 1-1/2 hours. They were all DLR VH tunes off the first 6 albums. They closed with Jump as the encore and here are few of them off the top of my head.
        Aint Talking bout love
        Atomic Punk
        Pretty Woman
        Somebody get Me a Doctor
        Runnin with the Devil
        Little Dreamer
        And The Cradle Will Rock
        Mean Streets
        Dancing in the Streets
        Pretty Woman
        Panama
        Jamie's Cryin
        Ice Cream Man
        Plus there was the Alex's drum solo and Eddies solo which he worked a version of eruption into. Dave came out on stage alone with an acoustic and told a story as he lead into Ice Cream Man and the rest of the band joined in.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the positive review Denny. I'm going to see them tonight! BTW, was there an opening band?
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Ky-Mani, Bob Marley's son opened in Dallas. Not really my thing so I didn't pay to much attention to 'em. I was chilling and having a drink with my other half at a bar during most of his set. Enjoy the show.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
              Ky-Mani, Bob Marley's son opened in Dallas. Not really my thing so I didn't pay to much attention to 'em. I was chilling and having a drink with my other half at a bar during most of his set. Enjoy the show.
              Thanks man. I sure will!
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
              X