New Whitesnake CD In April...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Whitesnake CD In April...

"Legendary hard rock band Whitesnake will release its new album, Good to be Bad, at the end of April in Europe via SPV/Steamhammer. The group's first studio album in a decade features "11 new, slamming Whitesnake songs which are guaranteed to take their place alongside their multi-million selling catalog".

Commented frontman David Coverdale: "The new album contains all the elements I enjoy about Whitesnake, and more. I can hear moments that take me back to the bluesy, early years of the band all the way through the band's musical history to fully embrace the more electric aspects of where we are now, as a band. I'm thrilled with it and can hardly wait to unleash it on an unsuspecting public! If this is indeed the last Whitesnake studio record, then I'm happy to finish like this. It was a labor of love making this record...a joy... and I'm still enjoying listening to it. Can't be bad!"

The new songs, written by Coverdale and guitarist Doug Aldrich (who also co-produced the album with Coverdale and Michael McIntyre) provide a good balance of eight rocking tracks and three ballads. Coverdale feels it's the first "real" Whitesnake album in almost 20 years.

Looking forward to it. Does Reb play on it or is Aldrich doing all of the guitar work?

Comment

Can't wait to hear this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
        Looking forward to it. Does Reb play on it or is Aldrich doing all of the guitar work?
        Reb may have contributed a few solos but I'm pretty sure its mostly Aldrich.

Comment

If it's even close to what David says it will be the best CD of the year, if not the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            If it's even close to what David says it will be the best CD of the year, if not the decade.
            I had high hopes until I heard the 3 new tracks from the Live album. The tracks were mediocre and IMO, pretty dated.

BUT, we'll see what happens on the offical release.

Too bad Reb isn't the main songwriting partner on this new album because he almost gave Dokken a new lease on life a few years ago with his killer work on Erase the Slate.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one. I really like Doug's playing and I did enjoy the new studio tracks on the last WS live disc.

I'll probably pre-order that one at CD Inzane when it becomes available.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                I had high hopes until I heard the 3 new tracks from the Live album. The tracks were mediocre and IMO, pretty dated.

BUT, we'll see what happens on the offical release.

Too bad Reb isn't the main songwriting partner on this new album because he almost gave Dokken a new lease on life a few years ago with his killer work on Erase the Slate.
                I thought the new tracks on there were great! Looking forward to this and the new Leppard, and the tour.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

The new tracks rocked. Don't know why anyone would rather have Reb writing than Doug. Doug is the better songwriter and player IMO. Doug also fits the whole bluesy, Whitesnake/Sykes vibe, which is why I think Coverdale gets along so well with him.

Comment

I'm in the Doug camp. It's sort of like Sykes vs. Vai - they're both great but Whitesnake is more of a bluesy band

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Reb is amazing, but Doug just fits the band alot better, and I think that's why he handles the majority of the solos on tour and was a co-writer and co-producer on the record. Obviously his input is greatly valued by Coverdale.

Comment

Originally posted by deflep View Post
                        I agree, I was kinda dissapointed when I heard those tunes
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                          Don't get me wrong, Reb is amazing, but Doug just fits the band alot better, and I think that's why he handles the majority of the solos on tour and was a co-writer and co-producer on the record. Obviously his input is greatly valued by Coverdale.
                          Coverdale was quoted at one point to the affect that since he hooked up with Doug first it was the right thing to do to make him the primary guy...I guess Reb was sought out as a touring musician. I don't think Coverdale ever said one was better or worse when it came to writing.

Comment

should be pretty cool!

Comment

Working...
                            X