No announcement yet.

Chris Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's a ginormous dork, who is extremely overated. The best work he's ever done is with Deth 20+ years ago. There's been better shit since..and he sucked balls on THSHF..whoopdy friggin' doooo....It was the first time Dave seem to play better than his hired help IMO! I could have played better on that shit..I think!!!..ahhh fuggums!!!

Chris Poland..fuggums!

Chris Poland ..That beanie-wearin' , four-eye, gay-assed-lookin' faggy muthafugga!!!

He looks like he has the AIDS!!
    Last edited by horns666; 01-01-2008, 06:53 PM. Reason: ..Fuggums!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Poland is one of the best players around today. Truly distinctive style. Not too many players around you can say that about.
      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
        Poland is one of the best players around today. Truly distinctive style. Not too many players around you can say that about.
        I love you..but I do NOT agree with that whatsoever!!!

I should give you all my Chris Poland stuff..I put on his "rare trax" while weeding through my collection..that is just horrible..that is certainly a weed!!!

Damn the Machine ..ummm that's not very good either...except the classic 'Deth stuff of course.
        In fact, I don't have ANY Chris Poland stuff I actually like..
        Last edited by horns666; 01-01-2008, 07:34 PM.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          I think he's a ginormous dork, who is extremely overated....
          Chris Poland..fuggums!
          Chris Poland ..That beanie-wearin' , four-eye, gay-assed-lookin' faggy muthafugga!!!
          He looks like he has the AIDS!!
          Got it. You don't like him, but you have all his stuff. At what point did he break up with you? Give me his number, I'd like to wish him a happy new year.

Comment

Chris Poland is a FOAF of mine (friend of a friend). Maybe I can set up a 20 questions from the JCFers? I'll inquire about this soon...

Bill, you're disqualified
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Chris Poland is a FOAF of mine (friend of a friend). Maybe I can set up a 20 questions from the JCFers? I'll inquire about this soon...
              Ask him if he'll ever do another Damn The Machine album. I loved that band and album!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I did like Chris's work through Megadeth. Unlike these days there wasn't a endless sea of heavy players. I was waiting for the next Chris Poland cd to blow me away..well, that never happened. That is why I accumulated all his crap..

In fact, Chris Poland never failed to disappont me..that's when I gave up on him. Alot of artist came out of the closet that way...Just like Rob Halford did with Two..but he saw the light and came back to metal!!!

Ron ..ask Chris "BeanieWeenie" Poland" why he insist on sucking balls instead of writing some real music. NOBODY really gives a fuck about Chirs Poland. Whenever they mention him, "Megadeth" is in the same sentence. Nobody ever says "Hey, doesn't Rare Trax or Damn the machine fucking rule!!"..well except for Joe, and that's it!!! Do you know there is dance music on Rare trax..dance music that you can't dance to..I tried!!!

I'll tell him myself if or when he ever shows up here. I never say anything I wouldn't say to their face...'cuz I dob't give a fuck!

He owes me for supporting his lame ass and fooling me to buy his gay bullshit all those years..just like Geoffe Tate did with his solo..and George Lynch did with "Smoke This"

BTW..Did a noob just try to get cute with me..???
                Last edited by horns666; 01-01-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Ron, ask Chris if he's Polish since his name is Poland.

That's like Joey Italiano being German or something.

That's a serious question!!!!!!!

Comment

Try? He succeeded!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Try? He succeeded!
                      Well, that effort was weaker than a Chris Poland cd!!!

"Cute" is ..He'd titty fuck my mom on Christmas morn...Or shooting his goo in the eggnog and not telling anyone until everyone drank it...

something classy like that!!!

Comment

OK..I wanna hear/see something "awesome" in c/w Chris Poland. Let me see what I'm probably not missing..

OK..post what you think is great..I'm curious!!!

I can't be the only one that found this extremely boring...pretty decent playing..very boring context... http://youtube.com/watch?v=mv5Cvb8jGFI..
                        Last edited by horns666; 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I really like Return to Metalopolis, Damn the Machine (the singer's pretty weak though IMO) and Amino Acid Flashback. I saw OHM at the Baked Potato last year GREAT show at one of the smallest venues you can imagine. It's not Megadeth but for him that's good, I like his stuff but I listen to alot of fusion anyway.
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            OK..I wanna hear/see something "awesome" in c/w Chris Poland. Let me see what I'm probably not missing..
                            You know, there isn't that much out there.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgrACYkXFqY
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2m1giEPVI
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHkyzzYx3DU

Comment

Well, I gave it a good listen with a open mind. Chris definetly has skills. I guess, I don't care for the direction he took ..as well Alex Skolnick. I loved fusion back in the day, when I played bass..that's all I listened too. I love Tonny Mac and don't listen to his Cab stuff..so there ya go.

Ohm kinda sounds like early "Tone"-era Eric Johnson.

Just like The liquid Tension stuff as well as Black Light Syndrome..even tho I love Stevens and Petrucci. Therefore I bought that stuff, amoung much else..I just don't listen to it.

It would be cool if Chris could do both..his fusion stuff and a metal gig of his own. He's quite capable..I guess he plays where his heart is..it's just not mine...not anymore.

Laterz,

Bill Z

Comment

Chris is fucking great player, very unique style, he makes the guitar sound kinda like a fiddle, I also love how he mixes Jeff Beck-ish bends and Irish folk lines with the fluid jazz-fusion phrases in this vid.

OHM is great, Kofi lives in Orange County and yes he is the son of the great Ginger Baker, Kofi also plays with Brett Gardsed, another amazing guitarist
                                Last edited by Endrik; 01-02-2008, 05:44 AM.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X