just back from thin lizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just back from thin lizzy

just back from thin lizzy at liverpool uni. saw my arse big time as queensryche were a joint headliner but pulled out of the european tour (only to anounce their own tour in the spring) FUCKIN LIGHT WEIGHTS!!! anyway....a good show, scot gorham..fuckin star*** looks like he enjoyed every second of it. john sykes...... does a fuckin good job doing lynott vocals and shit hot on the gtr too, alderage on the drums.....(to be honest i thought he was dead...) but for an old fucker he's still got it!! and some dude on bass who name escapes me but he was up to the job and excelled acordingly. anyway the lazy shower of fuckers left us in the rain for an hour before coming out to sign our shit...worth it though!! these old fuckers could seriousl kick some arse....well worth a viewing if they visit a town near you.
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
    just back from thin lizzy at liverpool uni. saw my arse big time as queensryche were a joint headliner but pulled out of the european tour (only to anounce their own tour in the spring) FUCKIN LIGHT WEIGHTS!!! anyway....a good show, scot gorham..fuckin star*** looks like he enjoyed every second of it. john sykes...... does a fuckin good job doing lynott vocals and shit hot on the gtr too, alderage on the drums.....(to be honest i thought he was dead...) but for an old fucker he's still got it!! and some dude on bass who name escapes me but he was up to the job and excelled acordingly. anyway the lazy shower of fuckers left us in the rain for an hour before coming out to sign our shit...worth it though!! these old fuckers could seriousl kick some arse....well worth a viewing if they visit a town near you.
    Cool! Must have been awesome seeing "Legends"? What a great
    memory...

Comment

sweet! they were supposed to tour here early this year but cancelled. I'm hoping they come back soon.

In the meantime, I have my Gary Moore & Friends/Phil Lynott Tribute DVD to console me....
      Hail yesterday

Comment

gotta love Thin Lizzy and John Sykes and Scott Gorham.

I'm glad they brought the band back.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Going to see them on Monday in Exeter. I'm really stoked!
          The girlfriend's a bit pissed that Queensryche pulled out.
          Were Diamond Head supporting? Were they any good?

Comment

didn't get to see dimond head ( too busy with the golden stuff in the boozer down the road)
            yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

wow, cool tour Lizzy and Diamon Head wich is the best metal band after Sabbath IMO
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Lizzy is my favourite band and they still amaze me. Gorham is my hero but he sounded and looked cooler with his LP's back in the day... here's a recent gig shot:

Last edited by jackson1; 12-07-2007, 03:45 PM.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I just cant get this band. I own Live and Dangerous, but it sounds like poor 1970's pop to me, I just don't get the attraction. Where's the guitars?

But it sounds like you had a great time, which is all that matters!
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                    I just cant get this band. I own Live and Dangerous, but it sounds like poor 1970's pop to me, I just don't get the attraction. Where's the guitars?

But it sounds like you had a great time, which is all that matters!
                    Frame of reference. I was there when it first came out, and sounded great.
                    Boys are Back in Town, and Jailbreak are still good riffs, after many years.

Comment

I saw them earlier this year, and it was great, much better than i expected actually.

Comment

John Sykes is such an awesome player, way underrated and could never figure out why he never reached the next level.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                          John Sykes is such an awesome player, way underrated and could never figure out why he never reached the next level.
                          not to mention an amazing singer too. the guy has pipes, and rips on guitar. he makes easy stuff (pentatonic 3 finger runs) sound hard.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

what next level? He is a great player and wrote some of the best songs ever with Whitesnake.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                              Where's the guitars?
                              Just check out more of their stuff, especially with Moore & Sykes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QM-gZFC3Yk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUSiXIURfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyH8Y6rIL48
                              (rough audio, but hang in there for the solo at 1:22 )

I like all their stuff, with or without a monster soloist in the lineup.

Comment

Working...
                              X