Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else seeing Alice in Chains?

Just wondering...

I just got my tickets at the pre-sale this morning. 8/29 at the Excel in Saint Paul! It (unfortunately) looks like they are OPENING for Velvet Revolver... I don't think AIC should have to open for ANYONE - including KISS!! Well, if there's one good thing about that, at least I won't have to watch the whole VR show...

The show was KILLER!! The Xcel Center is a top-notch venue for concert from an acoustics standpoint. AIC has gotta be one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Jerry is such an amazing player - he rocked the G&L Rampages most of the night, and used the white LPC a bit as well. William Duvall just keeps getting better and better. Can't say enough about Mike & Sean either. They played a few tunes I've never heard live, a few classics, and had a great stage show as well. I wish they had been the headliner...

VR - meh... Cool to see them for a couple songs, but I wasn't really impressed. I'm not a Scott W. fan, and Slash's tone never really blew me away. Cool to see him though. The opening band, Kill Hannah - well, it was their last night on the tour. I think they had to go back to school on Monday. Interesting, but not my thing. Kind of a whiny version of Cold crossed with Stabbing Westward. They covered White Wedding, but that was about the only memorable moment from them.

If you have the chance to see AIC -- DO!!! They are as good as ever, and while William is NOT Layne, he does his own thing and does it all justice.

Comment

i'm thinking of going to see them at smirnoff here in dallas. but the venue has me really not wanting to go. it's outdoors in a bad part of the metroplex. i really dig AIC but i really hate smirnoff. well see.
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Nope..I saw them in an completely empty arena back in '90 opening for VH..The band could actually hear me cheer..Layne pointed to me and said "thank You"..that memory is good 'nuff.

absolutely nobody gave a fuck about the band at all..everyone was much too busy taking a piss and getting beers before VH came on..truth!

They sounded amazing and performed for me and about 30 other dudes..at a huge venue.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'd love to see Jerry Cantrell live but I doubt they come to Finland anytime soon.
          My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Nope..I saw them in an completely empty arena back in '90 opening for VH..The band could actually hear me cheer..Layne pointed to me and said "thank You"..that memory is good 'nuff.

absolutely nobody gave a fuck about the band at all..everyone was much too busy taking a piss and getting beers before VH came on..truth!

They sounded amazing and performed for me and about 30 other dudes..at a huge venue.
            Cool story, Horns... I wish I had seen them when Layne was alive, but Minneapolis was not a big stop for bands in those days, and I lived 200 miles from Mpls. then...

Comment

Yeah, I've got tickets to the AIC/VR show in The Woodlands, Tx on 9/28. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Caught the last show of their tour the other night. Man, they just keep getting better and better. My wife got us meet & greet passes, so we got to meet everyone, but they were a little less than animated - except Mike, who was quite friendly. The new tunes rocked live, and of course, tribute was paid to Layne. Jerry's guitar tone was awesome as usual, and even though he was feeling shitty, he sang very well, and William was absolutely amazing. He gets better every time I see him, and owns the stage (and place in the band) a little more each time. The rhythm section was very tight as usual. Sean has to be one of my favorite drummers ever. He's amazing to watch.

Great show. I'll do what I can to see them any time they're in town.

Comment

Oh...and I have one of the G&L Tribute Rampage guitars on order. I'll review it once it arrives.

Comment

I've never seen Alice in chains, but I have seen her in handcuffs and a blindfold. and let me tell you.........it is good.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Last show of the tour?!?! I have floor seat tickets for Providence on April 16th!

Comment

New/different tour I'm guessing...

Comment

Second row seats in Asheville in April \m/ Bring the Noise!

Comment

Working...
                          X