Matt Barlow resurfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Barlow resurfaces

Looks like Matt is back. He is now singing for Pyramaze. They have a blurb on their website, and it is also mentioned in a Ripper Owens interview on the Iced Earth site.
    What's Matt's regular job? Is he a cop or something now?

http://mattbarlow.ytmnd.com/
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Cool..I have Pyramaze with Lance King..as much as I think Timmy is a cool dude, I would like to see Matt back with IE..he was 50% IE IMO!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am in no way making fun of Matt, and I totally respect his decision to become a police officer. But after getting to know him as a long haired singer of a great metal band, it sure is weird seeing him in uniform.
        I say kudos to him!!

Comment

Well when Matt left the band Heavy Metal wasn't cool anymore and went into obsurity..hidden well beneath the undergroung...like leather clad moles.

He needed a "day job" to pay bills and support his family..like Tim Calvert (Forbidden/Nevermore) did , who went to work full time as a commercial airline pilot..

This was during a time ..not long ago where guitars wern't heard, solos were percieved as gay by the mainstream..and so on..

the only thing mainstream promoted here in the states was rap and R & B..when MTV, Much Music, VH-1 and BET wer all playing the same exact artist in constant rotation..that went on since some of you members were toddlers..and some of you prolly have those embarassing pics dressed in Fubu wear with your possie..

I don't think guys like Matt Barlow was cut out for that kind of thing..Matt Barlow in Fubu wear and scratching records..well that would be like lookin' at Rosie O'Donell in a thong..it's just not right!

It's all tied in with politics really..the democrat agenda of the Clinton years was much like the movie "Bullworth"..and well metal was invented in the climate of war..Black Sabbath..

So thank W for pissing everyone off and bringing metal back..because when your pissed off and in a state of doom and gloom..you don't want to sip "Gin and Juice"..NO..you want to "Kill Them all"..or somethin' like that.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Matt Barlow in Fubu wear and scratching records..well that would be like lookin' at Rosie O'Donell in a thong..it's just not right!
            Classic! :ROTF:
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

It'd be really cool to hear Matt in a band alittle more diverse then Iced Earth, but he fucking slays eitherway! One of my alltime favorites

Comment

Iced Earth was one of my favorite bands, until their last album anyways....Owens just doesn't have the same impact for me as Barlow did, which sucks cause I love Jon Schaeffer's (sp?) stuff..........
                I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Matt only left a few years ago Bill.

But yer scenario is still the same, and sadly it has been for quite some time now. I just chalk it up to Metal is for real music fans - all that other shit is for less intelligent people.

It was quite a shock to hear of Matt's leaving, and the path he chose (note cool I.E. reference there), but I say good for him. He did what he had to do and what he felt was right and going from Metal singer to being a cop definetly earns my respect. Nice to see he's able to make some time to record some more music, and with a really good band too.

I like Tim Owens alot too. I believe he is one of the best singers in Metal EVER. Techincally, for sure. I think a lot of people will be blown away by the next IE record. If Jon lets Tim do his own thing the fucking sky's the limit.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Did anyone look at his bio?:ROTF:

Comment

Yes.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

My drummer has always been trying to get me into Iced Earth, but it didn't really connect with me until The Glorious Burden. So from that standpoint I like Tim in IE, but I don't think it was Tim that made me like that particular album. Is The Glorious Burden a little more radio friendly from a song structure perspective? I can't figure out why I like it from beginning to end, but it's hit or miss for me before that album.

Comment

Working...
                        X