Machine Head - The Blackening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Head - The Blackening

so, for those who already got it (like me ), what's your first impression?

i think this is definitely one of those records that grow on you the more you listen to it. at the beginning the only song i really liked was asthetics of hate, as it's the most thrash-like song on that record, but by now i find myself enjoying most of it....i guess in a few weeks this will be one of my fave records

the songs are really long, i think that's what makes getting into that album so difficult - especially if you're into short 2-3 minute songs
    pretty good production, the 5150's sounding killer. very heavy and full, yet detailed and articulate - well, it has to be considering that there's SO much going on musically.
    ah yeah, lots of shredding, too. love that halo harmony lead section, or the aesthetics of hate lead battle

all in all...not exactly good as typical background music, more along the lines of opeth in the sense that there are lots of details you only start to notice after 10 listens or something.

btw, does anyone know what they're using the line6 flextone head for? I'd guess cleans, but do they also use it for rhythm overdubs?
    as far as i was able to tell from the making of DVD, rhythms are guitar->ibanez tubescreamer->5150 rhythm/crunch channel->marshall 1960BV cab (the straight vintage 30 loaded one)

I liked the last album better. But this one is pretty good...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

It`s KILLER!!!!
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

The Blackening is best MH album since Burn My Eyes. Very versatile songs, great solos and Rob Flynn voice always kicks ass.

Comment

When I saw them live they played quite a bit from the Blackening.. I was DIGGIN it. Aesthetics of Hate especially rocked.

Comment

I'm not a big MH fan, but I've been listening to this album and it definitely rocks big time. I love the guitar tone..
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I simply love this album, I have never been really into Machine Head's stuff but this one kicks ass
              Light Lies Trailer
              www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
              www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

It's A Monster Of An Album! It's Got More Killer Riffs And Dual Harmony Guitar Solos Than You Can Shake A Stick At, Get It If You Have Not Done So Already.

Comment

it's on heavy rotation here, I loved TTAOE and this one isn't gonna be any less regarded in the future. great to hear the long songs, lots of cool lead harmonies and stuff. do yourselves a favour and buy it :headbang:

Comment

I like it alot - it's not that instant though. I'm finding I'm enjoying it more each time, which for me is the way it should be....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

there are a LOT of riffs on this album. The main riff on 'Clenching the fists of Dissent' stands out.

But none of the songs have any real focus but alot of riffs
                      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

I'm digging it. Only had a couple of runthroughs so far, so nothing's really sticking yet. But it's very good.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm with you guys. The more I hear it, the more I like it...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Just picked it up. The guitar tone kills!

Comment

Working...
                            X