Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Lynch Should Have Played Jacksons !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch Should Have Played Jacksons !

What should have been !

Shit, how'd you manage to keep those two from fighting (the Jackson would've won hands down because it's too badass to lose).

Anyway, didn't George play Jacksons in the early days (I remember seeing a picture of him holding a Jackson and having another couple stood around him)?
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

It was a hard fight but the Jackson did kick its ass around the block ! I do think he did play Jacksons in the early days !!:ROTF:

Comment

It's possible for Jacksons and ESPs to peacefully coexist. Here are my two.

Sorry but the ESP owns the Jackson.

Comment

JL played a Charvel early on after the Arias
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
            It's possible for Jacksons and ESPs to peacefully coexist. Here are my two.

But you are comparing a Mahogany ESP with a alder-bodied DK2T. of course there wont be a contest because of the deep tone of the mahogany. but try comparing a Mahogany ESP with a Mahogany Jackson and I am sure you will be thrilled by the Jackson. Jackson always owns ESP's IMO.
            Sam

Comment

I would put a Horizon NT up against an SL2HT any day of the week. They are pretty close in quality.

That being said, I'm actually selling my horizon NT to afford an SL2HT.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                But you are comparing a Mahogany ESP with a alder-bodied DK2T. of course there wont be a contest because of the deep tone of the mahogany. but try comparing a Mahogany ESP with a Mahogany Jackson and I am sure you will be thrilled by the Jackson. Jackson always owns ESP's IMO.
                $10 says it's not a DK2T... or rather, the writing on the headstock (next to the sparkly Jackson logo) says it can't be.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post

People got banned here for less ...

Comment

Lynch with Jackson?

wanna bet the only reason it DIDN'T happen was lack of deep pockets on Jackson's behalf?

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel View Post
                      People got banned here for less ...
                      Then I'll go back to the ESP boards.

It is a USA Jackson SL2HT. I like my Jacksons to be American and my ESPs to be be Japanese.

It kicks ass and I'm actually considering buying another one for different pick-ups and tuning purposes. Its just not as nice as my ESP. I'm just not a big fan of the finish on the ESP. I want it to be see-thru black or red not dark brown sunburst.

Comment

He had a few Charvels including the infamous sub-camo. I wish he would've stayed with Charvel.
                        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECr98ZOnsig

Comment

I remember reading an interview with George saying he contacted Grover about making a guitar for him.
                            Told him to make it outta the best tonewood he knew of which Grover answered Basswood.
                            When George finally got it he said it sounded like SHIT!
                            Can't remember exactly what it looked like other than start shaped and bolton.
                            So that chance was blown right there.
                            Oh what could have been?
                            Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                            Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

"I went to Grover Jackson and asked him what the best sounding wood was. He said that he and Allan Holdsworth had built several identical guitars with all different woods and came to the conclusion that basswood was the best. So I had Grover build me a basswood body and I had the paint job done. It sounded like shit! So I traded it for my first Kramer,"

Allan Holdsworth has a very smooth tone while George's tone is very bright and sharp, it's pretty obvious that he didn't liked basswood. He favours maple.
                              That being said, George had plenty of cool Charvels wich he used on albums and tours. Grover didn't blow anything, it wasn't the last guitar wich he made for George.
                              Last edited by Endrik; 03-03-2007, 12:27 PM.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X