VH not playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH not playing

I guess nobody is playing or maybe going I guess Ed & Alex wanted a million a piece to play at the R&R Hall of Fame Induction..Just Lame

Launch Radio Networks reports: VELVET REVOLVER has been tapped for VAN HALEN's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The band will perform in VAN HALEN's place, and singer Scott Weiland and guitarist Slash will speak on VAN HALEN's behalf. For now, it doesn't look like David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar will join VELVET REVOLVER onstage, and Michael Anthony hasn't commented yet. It's still unknown whether Eddie and Alex Van Halen will attend the ceremony.

Talk about a couple of pretentious (sp?), self centered pricks.
    Eddie and Alex can both go fuck themselves.
    If it weren't for the fans, they would have jack shit.
    They need to recognize this and realize that this continued attitude will slowly kill any support they have had from us.
    -Rick

Comment

This is getting insane. For the love of God, someone hire VH a public relations firm. They are all coming off as fools now. When Scott weiland the Junkie has to be your spokesperson, your not doing too well.

Comment

You mean like Keith Richards did for Leo Fender?
        Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

+1,Rick.What a farce.......
          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Pathetic
            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Pathetic x 2

Comment

What idiots.
                My Main Rig:
                '87 Charvel Model 4A
                Peavey KB100 amp
                Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

who cares, R&R HOF is a joke anyway
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    who cares, R&R HOF is a joke anyway
                    I couldn't agree more.

Comment

It may be a joke, but it is the point that they are getting recognized/inducted... they must just be hellbent on alienating any fans they have left

Comment

I'd love to see Sammy jam with VR.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

the R&R HOF may be view as a joke, but the point is the real joke is wanting to get paid to play at an event held in their honor. There have been big names there who have played that gig without demands as getting paid. U2 played it, and even though most here do not like U2, you have to give a band that is as huge as they are to appear on stage and perform some props without the smugness VH seem to have.

Makes no sense to use this venue to at least promote themselves if they really were to go on tour. Instead they come off as a Paris Hilton, who won't show up unless she is paid.

I don't see actors not going to the Oscars unless they are paid, and they have to be some of the most ego people on the planet. They still go even though someone else may win, where as VH would be inducted, but is going to blow it off.
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

van halen are dead to me
                            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I'm kinda thinking that if I was set for life financially (I have no idea if the Van Halens are or not), and an organization invited me to their event that I wasn't really interested in or excited about (I don't know how they feel about the Hall of Fame), I wouldn't go either.

While any band of any fame could not achieve their success without the support of their fans, they owe nothing to anybody. You gave them your money, and they gave you their merchandise. Fair trade. Done deal. They are free to go on with their lives as they see fit. They are not owned by the fans and are not obligated to participate every time some entity wants to make a quick buck off of them, um, I mean honor them.

Also, for what it's worth, the portion of the article posted here did not say that the band was demanding money. The money was an assumption.

Comment

Working...
                              X