One hit wonder? Bullshit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One hit wonder? Bullshit!

Just watching and Quiet Riot placed #80 for Cum on feel the noise.

I'm not a big QR fan, but on the way home for lunch today I heard Metal Health, and I thought that song was pretty descent.

I guess I'm arguing over what they call a "hit".

Quiet Riot was no one hit wonder. They had alot of success in the 80's.

Comment

Maybe a two hit wonder? "Metal Health" and "Cum on feel the noise" are all I can remember.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Ratt just placed at #61. I KNOW they had a lot more hits than one. BS.

Comment

Despite the implication, one hit wonders aren't all sucky bands that got lucky. One of the greatest bands of the past 25 years is also technically a one hit wonder - namely Dramarama. And frankly, RATT is far more than 19 spots ahead of QR on any list (other than over-rated - to use QR's own words).

Comment

Elvis never won a Grammy ...... Just thought I'd throw that in.
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I've seen the show before and thought the same when I saw RATT. I immediately thought of "Lay It Down", "You're In Love", and a bunch of others. But I'm guessing by "hit", they mean reaching the Billboard Top 40 (pop charts), and "Round and Round" must have been their only song to do that.

BTW - Rush only had one song reach the Top 40, can you name it? Hint - it's not Tom Sawyer.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Big Money?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    I've seen the show before and thought the same when I saw RATT. I immediately thought of "Lay It Down", "You're In Love", and a bunch of others. But I'm guessing by "hit", they mean reaching the Billboard Top 40 (pop charts), and "Round and Round" must have been their only song to do that.

BTW - Rush only had one song reach the Top 40, can you name it? Hint - it's not Tom Sawyer.
                    Limelight?? Or was it the one with Aimee Mann??

Alvin
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Spirit OF The Radio
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Ratt has about 6 top40 songs
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Either Closer to the Heart or New World Man.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

New World Man was thier only top 40 hit, but Tom Sawyer, Working Man, Red Barchetta, Limelight, 2112, Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head are all still played on the radio, so Rush was far from a 1 hit wonder. Top 40 is hardly the definition of success.

Comment

Bingo! New World Man. Hard to believe considering how much radio play a lot of their songs had - Tom Sawyer, Limelight, The Spirit Of Radio, Freewill, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X