Vai's Green Meanie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vai\'s Green Meanie

So they finally approved my registration.

I just pretty much want the colors so I can build something like The Green Meanie. I can't find all the specs, and the actual guitar was supposedly a promo given to Steve by Grover Jackson. Either way, I just really dig that green color, and want to somewhat replicate it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

If you haven't seen this.

Scroll down the page.

http://www.gmwguitars.com/class/rockreplicas.html

Comment

The Green Meanie was orange.

Comment

If you're going for an exact replica, then you should just go find some cheap spray paint that's about the right color. The original was just sprayed by Steve, not clearcoated or anything "fancy" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] like that.

Comment

Thanks DeathDaily. That actually sounds like not a bad idea. But I would still like to clear coat it.

Comment

Just get some spray clearcoat too Adam.

Comment

well..he hsa so many guitars maybe he lost track... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...either that or he didn't feel like "taking offers" since he told me years ago that he wouldn't sell it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...no the green meanie did not have a handle cut in it, that was his performance guitars and jems...and the eyeball soloist was stolen...don't know if he ever recovered it or not...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

the original green meanie is in the rock hall in cleveland (uggg shudder.... [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] )it does not have a monkey grip. when he donated it, it was covered in skateboard stickers and has a black pickguard.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleHead:
                    My friend wants to paint his strat like Vai's green meanie and I was wondering if someone could help me help him out. He's looking to go with these guys to do it http://www.lgmguitars.com/pricing.html basically I was wondering what colour on there is the closest to the finish of the original guitar? I'm thinking lr. green 5507 but some of you have much more expertise so any help is appreciated.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just get your friend to tell jeremy what he wants and he'll fix him up ,and do a good job at it to , along with emptying your friends wallet

Comment

Or you could contact Wayne Guitars and ask them what color they are using to make their version. I imagine it's the same or pretty damned close.
                      Tom

Comment

Cool stuff. A true road warrior, that axe was.

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Ya' know, it's original sunburst incarnation might make for a cool JCF '03 candidate.

Comment

Sign me right the hell up for one of those!

Comment

here is some cool pics on evolution of teh guitar..she started life as a sunburst Charvel..

http://www.jemsite.com/axes/model/charvel2.htm
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

The Grean Meanie was still "Orangeburst" when Steve Vai was touring with Alcatrazz in Japan.

And in the article from (GW 1/87), the author mentioned that the Charvel's body was basswood.
                              I have serious doubts on that, as my understanding was that before Vai was approached by Ibanez, most of his guitar was alder. And i don't reckon Mr Grover Jackson made any basswood body guitars back then.

Just my two cents
                              Fong

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                                Sign me right the hell up for one of those!
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chuck,
                                I am sure you know that Lee has a couple of those up for grab at a pretty decent price.

Fong

Comment

Working...
                                X