Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannibal Corpse, Wretched Spawn DVD and thier GEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannibal Corpse, Wretched Spawn DVD and thier GEAR!

Cool, i'm going to buy it right now.
    Thanks for the info.

Cannibal Corpse, Wretched Spawn DVD and thier GEAR!

I just got thier new cd, in it comes a free DVD of the making of the cd.
    It's refreshing to see a group do this, especially in this genre. While CC has always been a band I've been on the fence with in terms of credibility, After watching this DVD there is NO doubt left in my mind of the technical dextarity of Pat and Jack, these two guy are some crazy MOFO's, the bassis Alex Webster is from another planet, and I'm glad the dummer is still just a metronome!

But watching some of the songs being performed by Pat is mind altering, At first it looks like they have sped the recording up, but They havn't!

it's insane! You guys should check it out, and also Pat using a RR1 in several shots on the dvd!

Check it out, if you guys like death metal, and even if you think Corpse is a joke, you still have to check out the DVD and see thier ability!

how do these guys afford this studio time and with neil kernon? Neil is a great guy and I've talked to him on several occasions, he really has his death metal recording chops down!

Check it out!

Chris
    Curse the Flesh

Comment

Re: Cannibal Corpse, Wretched Spawn DVD and thier GEAR!

is it a rr1 ? One of them used a ibanez rhoads back in the days ( not o'brien i think ) ( see staring through the eyes of the dead vid - it's hard to notics , but for sure it is an ibanez. )

Comment

Yes, it's an RR1 he mentions his "jackson" and you can see it, I used my own eyes and everything!, and Jack Owen was the one who used the Ibanez V, it was black with white binding.

Chris

Comment

I picked this up yesterday for the hell of it and I agree with SA. I was never a big fan but, this album is much easier to get into.

Even George's vocals sound better to me. You can even understand his somewhat. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The fiffage on the song "Frantic Disembowelment" is pure fucking nuts! That’s the one SA must be talking about. Pat and Alex are shown tracking it.

Alex Webster’s bass playing... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

ok , i just asked [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i believe on the same video the other guy had a Charvel (toothpaste logo ? sharkfins ? )

Comment

Dave

yeah that is the track I was talkign about
              Unfuckingbelievable huh? Blew my mind!

and yes I believe it was a charvel, he (rob Barrett) also used a Les Paul quite extensivly!

Chris

Comment

I agree, this DVD was great. I thought it was funny that he tracked with a RR. Although dare I say, his BC Rich V looks pretty wicked. I love the Widow headstock on the V shape. They seem like pretty cool guys.

I thought this DVD was way better than Deicide’s one.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out the dvd. Never been a big fan, but I always dug the riffing in "hammer smashed face" since I first saw Ace Ventura [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] "Is Greg in? Thank you!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] classic stuff.
                  I'm sure they've got great chops, I mean to play like that and "sing" at the same time!

- Rune.

Comment

I just got my copy of the wretched spawn and the bonus dvd is very cool. Bought my copy over german ebay because in stores here you can only buy the censored versions [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                    Seeing them play Frantic Disembowelment truly is amazing. I always was a big fan of the band as they were the first death metal band i listened to when i was 14. Somehow i think the newer stuff isn't as good as their old classics but i think the wretched spawn goes back into the right direction. I like it much better than gore obsessed.

Almost forgot one thing. As for the question how Cannibal corpse could afford to record there. Cannibal Corpse have to be one if not the most successful death metal band worldwide. With the wretched spawn they even entered german album charts [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Just on place 74 but for a death metal band that's insane.

Flo
                    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

yeah, everybody has heard of Cannibal Corpse. They're pretty famous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                        Alex Webster’s bass playing... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell yeah!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] The last album I got from them was The Bleeding... IMO, it was their best, and Chris Barnes at his best vocally (and you could understand his lyrics for once without needing to look at the lyric sheet). I've only heard a few things with George on vocals. Maybe I should get back into these guys and check out this cd and dvd. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune The Axeman:
                          I'm sure they've got great chops, I mean to play like that and "sing" at the same time!

- Rune.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The two guitar players don't sing. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dave:
                            Alex Webster?s bass playing... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell yeah!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree.. That man is a beast on the bass. Having seen them live a couple times, its amazing at times how he just headbangs like a madman during faster / tapping sections of their songs.

Comment

I remember one of the guitarists in CC plays fender stratocasters?? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Comment

Working...
                              X