Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am so sad that alexi laiho left jackson..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am so sad that alexi laiho left jackson..

WGAFF

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
      WGAFF
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second that.

Comment

Alexi's ESP Custom Model Is the Same exact thing as Jackson, except that it is made in Japan. It has an alder body, Mable neck and Ebony Fretboard. There really is no difference between them, except that the ESP is made in japan. And is that so bad, Japanese Make quality stuff, Maybe not as good as USA, but pretty damn close, id say.

Comment

His ESP is definatly not like a Jackson. Alot like a typical Jackson rip-off, though. We were talking about it and the body is somewhat differently shaped from a Jackson Rhoads. From what he said it's also quite abit heavier than his Jacksons. That said, it is a nice looking guitar. I dig the scyth inlays on the white model.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos:
            definatly
            scyth
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the ESP alexi now uses is fatter on the body...and just...generic looking in general (can something be generally generic?)

the jackson Roope still uses live...rules the universe. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Again, that's like saying if your existing boss cut your pay, then offers part of the paycut back, THEN another employer offers you more money, that you
                left that job out of spite. Sure, he had hard feelings; he got a serious cut in his free guitars, no better than any other endorsee, when he WAS better for business than any living endorsee. Wouldn't you have hard feelings? You can say no, but I suspect it'd be yes. Why should he be snubbed, then stay on at a fraction of what he'd had, when smeone else was willing to offer much more? He owed less to Jackson than Jackson owed to him, so why not move on? Again, it's easy to stand on your staunch principles
                when no one's offering good money to you to endorse their product. Most of the Jackson endorsees remaining are low-level
                and frankly probably stay because cost on a Jackson is less than cost on an ESP, if you have a cost endorsement, and/or ESP doesn't want them anyway. They probably wouldn't get ESPs for free, only LTDs.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

only thing that pic lacks is a nebula wr-1! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Personally, I think the striping that ESP did on Alexi's guitars are ugly as hell! The painted bevels and pinstripes that were on his Jackson looked a shitload better.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos:
                      His ESP is definatly not like a Jackson. Alot like a typical Jackson rip-off, though. We were talking about it and the body is somewhat differently shaped from a Jackson Rhoads. From what he said it's also quite abit heavier than his Jacksons. That said, it is a nice looking guitar. I dig the scyth inlays on the white model.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just meant construction wise, not shape wise. It's made from the same woods as jackson.

Comment

it seems to me that this is a popular subject, as there have been several threads concerning alexi and his sweet axes. COB rocks so much and based on the amount of interest the band is generating amoung guitar players, i think jackson should offer a 24 fret, 1 hum rr1 rhoads with bevels. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] the real deal will always be more popular than an esp rip-off and seeing as how you cant even buy the alexi esp model in the USA, jackson would stand to profit from this. i know i would buy one if they offered it.

Comment

How can I get an endoresment deal ...I want the Bill Z Bub model with patented "Glory Hole"....Jackson make this happen... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

when i go looking for endorsements. I know I'm not looking anywhere else but Jackson. I'm devoted till the death!

Comment

I just think the whole world of endorsements is somewhat weird.

I mean, the purpose is to use an artist to get people who, generally speaking, make less money than the artist to pay money for a guitar that the artist himself would not pay money for.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X