Carlos Cavazo and Quiet Riot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Cavazo and Quiet Riot!

I heard QR on the radio just now, and it made Me feel the need to bring a little attention to them. Cavazo always seemed like a really under-rated player to Me. I think My first QR show was the first time I got to see an unaccompanied guitar solo and it was amazing! The rest of the band is always 'on' too. Sarzo is absolutely My favorite bass player, and a great showman. I hope We hear some more from Carlos now that QR has officially broken up.

Re: Carlos Cavazo and Quiet Riot!

Yeah I agree, he's a hardcore underrated player.

Comment

I can't believe it ...I was just weeding thru my cds..and came across a couple I never even listened to .

It was Terrified / III / and alive and well ....
      They could always write catchy stuff and Carlos is the talent in the band ..considering he was RR 's replacement.

The III is my fave because Paul Shortino (Rough Cutt..."he's a wanker" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) is a great singer ...I always couldn't stand Dubrow ...he looks just like he sounds ...ridiculous. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Cavazo is a very good player....not "unbelievable" but very good..he combines EVH and the RR styles..but not as quite good as either.

and he's the only member in that band that hasn't aged much too horribly.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, he's a wanker! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

My funny QR story: I saw them at a local club around '93 or something, whenever they got back together with DuBrow and that other bass player Kenny who had killed himself a couple years later. I was really drunk and couldn't stand, so I sat at the end of the really low stage, in front of the bass player's monitor. I think they played three or four songs, then myself and another friend had to leave because we couldn't see. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We got our other two friends and left. The kid who drove was extremely pissed we made him leave, and then I put my head between my legs in the back seat of his dad's car, puked, didn't tell anyone about it. I forgot about it until his dad saw it the next day!!! hahahahaha [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree, Carlos is awesome. Saw QR a couple years ago at one of those package shows with Dokken, Slaughter, and Poison, I think.

Isnt the latest word is that QR is officially and permanently disbanded as of a couple weeks ago?

Comment

Working...
            X