Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperor/Zyklon

Awesome. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anyone have any pics of the member's gear. Or the specs?

Re: Emperor/Zyklon

I know that Ihsahn,plays jackson.I'll try to find some pics than I share here with the ppl

Comment

Samoth plays RR1s but I don't know about amps. In an interview with GuitarWorld it said that Ihsahn used a Digitech 2102 pre-amp I believe.

Comment

Samoth is the man.

Comment

I still have to check out Zyklon. Is it any good?

Comment

It is awesome.

Comment

Is that zyklon disc symbol on Samoth's guitar a decal or a custom paint job? either way. it looks cool.

Comment

Indeed, Samoth is the man and Zyklon are awesome.

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm bumping this thread back up because it rocks! I'm listening to some Emperor and having a fuckin blast! Man, they were such a good band.

Anyone know what Ihsahn is up to right now?

I ordered Aeon by Zyklon a while ago. Should be coming in pretty soon here. I can't wait to get it.

This is why I love winter, it throws me into a black metal binge. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

From a post I've made on this before:

Earlier stuff, well, a bunch of import BC Richs for the most part. You can see a few of them in the "Reverence" video. That's for Welkin at least. I think Samoth used a Kramer something or other on Nightside and around that time, but that's not gospel. He used a Metal Zone pedal on Nightside.

Around the time of Equilibrium (and Live Ceremony), Ihsahn was using an older DK1 with the HSS configuration, and Samoth a standard black RR1. Both through Digitech 2120's and Marshall amps...I couldn't tell you which ones.

For Prometheus, Ihsahn used a Universe with a replaced black pickguard, and Samoth his same RR1.

As far as I know, Samoth is still using his RR1 with Zyklon and has (had) the Zyklon "Cyclone" on the top wing. He also has another RR1 in standard black with no cyclone. Anyone's guess as to what Ihsahn is using in Peccatum these days.

Ihsahn is about to release an new album with Peccatum.

I love Emperor. They're my favourite band of all time.

Samoth and Ihsahn are the ultimate trendsetters.

Comment

I like emperor & zyklon a lot too. Btw, Argos, it was a DOD death metal straight to mixing board (in ITNE).
                        I saw Zyklon here in helsinki (finland) january and they really kicked serious ass. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ..Both guitarist's where using engl powerball btw.

Comment

Ah, it probably was. I couldn't remember what he told me.

Comment

Working...
                          X