New EVH Relic guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EVH Relic guitar

I just watched the short video clips of the Blackie relic guitar process that came with the new guitar world mag I bought.

I take back anything I said about it being overpriced. I saw the amount of time it took to just take accurate measurements and pictures from every angle. They showed the time it takes to get every scratch exact. Just the time it took to match the wear and tear on the frets and board was unreal. I personally wouldnt buy one if I could but they are priced fair.

As far as EVhs other stuff well I dont take any of that back. He still needs to get over himself and reunite the real VH and make new tunes. His other art series guitars are still over priced etc but the relics IMHO will be priced right.

$25-30K for a guitar they MADE into a beat up, frankenstein strat? ill pass...IMO a guitar is a blank canvas that you play with and over time and all the personalized scratches, nicks, wear and tear gives the guitar character. i just dont think that taking pictures and measurements and giving the guitars the actual fretwear and stuff that the originals have is very inspiring.
    to each his own...and im sure the guitars will make some people (huge VH fans) happy. i just see it as pointless myself. great for collectors...but for a player...id just take a strat and gut it and whatever myself! actually...one of my guitars IS a gutted strat. JB Jr in the bridge, single volume...hell, the middle and neck pickup cavities dont have any pickups in them! LOL now it just needs a Floyd

cool stuff...id like to see that video. wonder when itll be on YouTube!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I saw it on youtube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d0Du6RqdTs

Comment

here's something about the frankenstrat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYgamTwbwNc

Comment

The SRV Custom Shop Tribute guitars from '04 presumably took just as much painstaking work, and were priced at about half as much as the Blackies. Sure, inflation is bad, but not quite 100% in the last couple of years. These are priced by a determination of what they think the market will bear. Fender saw that they seriously underestimated that figure on the SRV by how quickly those more than doubled in price on the used market.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Custom-Sh...QQcmdZViewItem

They want all of that action for themselves, plain & simple. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm just saying that there can't be anywhere near $20k, or even $10k worth of expense in each of the guitars, based on Fender's pricing of the earlier guitars.

Comment

when you see two side by side you'll realize there is NO magic since they DO NOT match eachother when it comes to wear and scratches etc. so go back to thinking it's crazy overpriced lol.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Scary thing is that from what I have heard, most of them are spoken for already....

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Get ready for 30k mo fos......
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

The difference IMHO between the SRV andEVH blackies are that the EVH and clapton probably get a piece of it. I think thats the higher price excuse. SRV is grave yard dead so he wont demand a fee.

Comment

No doubt Eddie & Clapton drove a harder bargain, but SRV's estate got something for sure, as did Hendrix's when they did the Monterey Pop Festival strat replicas. Those were each hand-painted by the same lady who painted the original, and they were about $7k. Maybe next time they'll relic them correctly by setting them on fire. Then they can name their price.

Comment

Working...
                    X