New In Flames promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New In Flames promo

Well I'm sure a lot of you heard that its been leaked.. I managed to get a hold of it, its 3 songs:

Quiet place
    Touch of Red
    Borders and Shading

Its basically a continuation of Reroute to Remain.. so if you liked that album, you'll love this one.. if you didn't like it, then you're out of luck unless the rest of them album is drastically different, which I doubt.

Production is much better than the last album.. guitars and vox are much more polished, final mixdown is also much better. Anders does pack a lot of emotion into his singing this time around though and it really comes through. However, there's a lot of clean vocals, at times he can sound like jonathan davis (korn).. but I always liked the way he growled so it makes up for it somewhat.

In Flames is sticking with the same style they used on Reroute to Remain and are probably going to continue to do so.. fans of R2R are in for a treat, fans of old In Flames will be disappointed.. I appreciate both old and new IF, and so far this album does sound somewhat promising to me.

Re: New In Flames promo

Originally posted by Lev:
    fans of R2R are in for a treat, fans of old In Flames will be disappointed..
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bummer. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    I must say I appreciate that they're trying to evolve their music, but R2R wasn't quite my thing...

'bane

Comment

..cool shit , I 'll have to find it after work //Steve

Comment

RTR was "ok" I read in Terrorizer magazine that it had elements of clayman more so than RTR though. It's supposed to be Heavier than RTR as a whole. I haven't found these clips yet. If someone can, please post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
          Well I'm sure a lot of you heard that its been leaked.. I managed to get a hold of it, its 3 songs:

Quiet place
          Touch of Red
          Borders and Shading

Its basically a continuation of Reroute to Remain.. so if you liked that album, you'll love this one.. if you didn't like it, then you're out of luck unless the rest of them album is drastically different, which I doubt.

Production is much better than the last album.. guitars and vox are much more polished, final mixdown is also much better. Anders does pack a lot of emotion into his singing this time around though and it really comes through. However, there's a lot of clean vocals, at times he can sound like jonathan davis (korn).. but I always liked the way he growled so it makes up for it somewhat.

In Flames is sticking with the same style they used on Reroute to Remain and are probably going to continue to do so.. fans of R2R are in for a treat, fans of old In Flames will be disappointed.. I appreciate both old and new IF, and so far this album does sound somewhat promising to me.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">can you icq it to me ? //Steve

Comment

check your PM

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I just got it. I'm very impressed. Can't put my finger on exactly what I like about it, but I like it a lot after one listening, but I had to listen to RTR a few times before coming around.

Comment

Sounds more like passenger than anything, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, which would be great, if it was Passenger, and not In Flames.

This is pretty dissapointing. I even enjoyed R2R, but this doesn't even feel like In Flames anymore. Almost to a depressing point, I loved old In Flames. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Ya know, I felt the same way, but I've accepted the old In Flames is dead and gone. But me personally, I love all types of music and this is almost like classical music to me. Improvision upon improvision of synths, guitar, bass, drums and vocal lines. Musically, I really do like it.

Comment

Over the past year or so ive been loving in flames... i didnt know that there was a old/new in flames (im guessing sort of like metallica changed?) Kinda depressing knowing that i got into a kick ass band that isnt kick ass anymore...? dead and gone... weird stuff

Comment

people ought to stop talking about this whole new vs. old ordeal...I mean, if there is a record out there that you really like, then why don't you blast it out your f'in speakers and cherish it for what it is, and don't whine if a band decides to make something different next time around!

personally, I love everything from In Flames except "reroute..." but I don't hate them for trying something different! I love everything Metallica except for re-load, but I'm still a fan...I could go on but I think I've made my point [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune The Axeman:
                            people ought to stop talking about this whole new vs. old ordeal...I mean, if there is a record out there that you really like, then why don't you blast it out your f'in speakers and cherish it for what it is, and don't whine if a band decides to make something different next time around!

personally, I love everything from In Flames except "reroute..." but I don't hate them for trying something different! I love everything Metallica except for re-load, but I'm still a fan...I could go on but I think I've made my point [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Rune.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah man, I know were you were coming from. The I first got into In flames between Whoracle and Colony, and have loved all their music. I even liked R2R ALOT !

this just doesn't even feel like In Flames anymore. Leaves me feeling like, "What does Bjorn do in the band ?" No melody, nothing. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah forsure , but I liked that as well //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X