No announcement yet.

Opeth Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I had to go buy the special edition of GC now, didn't I? Picked it up at lunchtime. Bastards
    Hail yesterday

Comment

ahhh you cunts

I seen the special edition today for 24bux (cheap here) and nilly bought it but staved off cause obviously I already have the original. If theres a 5.1 mix though thats it!!!

I already have both vers of devvys terria and synchestra, I spose branching out into multi-ownership with other bands cant hurt ('cept the wallet!).

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
        ahhh you cunts

I seen the special edition today for 24bux (cheap here) and nilly bought it but staved off cause obviously I already have the original. If theres a 5.1 mix though thats it!!!

I already have both vers of devvys terria and synchestra, I spose branching out into multi-ownership with other bands cant hurt ('cept the wallet!).
        Tell me about it!!

I got a two page list of new shit I want to get..but cash is a little tight right now.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
          that's the one! After all the talk about it, I had to get it today. I'm still a little ambivalent about the purchase - I prefer to buy myself something totally new to listen to, but still, it's a 5.1 mix & doco, so that's some new stuff.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I've got Ghost Reveries (their latest) and Deliverance..
            Loved them both, but Deliverance is the one that got me into them
            and it is the one I prefer. I used to listen to it when playing Silent Hill 2, very atmosperic I thought Mikael's vocals were somewhat changed on Ghost Reveries. The screaming parts are more brutal and intense IMO.
            Both great albums, haven't heard much of their earlier works but check it out if you can!
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Much appreciated on all the info !!! You guys kill...

Picked up My Arms, Your Hearse and Ghost Reveries. Really digging these guys. I was in need of some new tunage...
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Opeth is great, yet boring. I don't know.. they are great musicians, nice tunes.. clean and growl vocals.. but I still can't manage listening to a whole cd at once.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Saw them live a few years back with Beyond the Embrace and Lacuna Coil. Great live show, from what I saw. Got kicked out about 20 minutes into their set for taking out some kid that was being an asshole in the pit. My Arms Your Hearse is still my favorite, that's the first one I picked up back in 99. Orchid is a great album, but very thin sounding compared to their later releases cause the guitars aren't as layered.
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                    Opeth is great, yet boring. I don't know.. they are great musicians, nice tunes.. clean and growl vocals.. but I still can't manage listening to a whole cd at once.
                    If you like survival horror games like Silent Hill or Resident Evil, try putting on some Opeth in the background, I listened to Deliverance all the time when playing Silent Hill 2
                    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post
                      Damnation is the best "Mellow" cd Ive ever heard/owned. I love it. Very moody, brilliant writing. It sets a perfect mood. They should have saved "Harvest" for this CD as that song fit the CD perfectly.
                      ...Or Patterns in the Ivy II, or Still Day Beneath The Sun, or Benighted, or Credence...in fact, they've done plenty of this sort of material in the past.
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Cant argue with you there. It's funny how their hard stuff never really appealed to me (the cookie monster never has) but the mellow stuff I cant get enough of.

However, some of the harder stuff is growing on me, as they do a cool job of balancing the hard and soft on some songs. I like the variety.

Comment

Ghost Reveries is my fave opeth release so far. Still Life was the first of theirs I got, dug it heaps, and I liked Blackwater Park too. Orchid also. I dont think theres a hole in their catalogue. But the tuning on GR gives it a whole new vibe thats absolutely incredible. The 7(?)th track with the clean lead is the second best clean soloing I've ever heard! Damnit, I'm gonna have to go get this (again) today

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post
                            Cant argue with you there. It's funny how their hard stuff never really appealed to me (the cookie monster never has) but the mellow stuff I cant get enough of.

However, some of the harder stuff is growing on me, as they do a cool job of balancing the hard and soft on some songs. I like the variety.
                            Give it time. That's what I like about them too, the contrast makes it sound a lot heavier. IMHO Mikael has one of the best "grunt" voices in metal. How many people can do that and nail the clean vocals as well?

Comment

+1

I used to hate Opeth, now I love 'em!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've been into them since Orchid came out...and I find it interesting that's there still no one who's managed to duplicate their sound/style.

Comment

Working...
                                X