Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kataklysm

Hey guys,
    I love their new album ( shadows and Dust )
    and was wondering what amp the guitarist uses.
    It is like nothing i have ever heard before.
    He always covers his gear up with a big Kataklysm sheet, when he's plying live.

but i still have to say i sometimes prefer their
    older " grind stuff "

Spart-xAnusx

Re: Kataklysm

When I saw them at the BW & BK show kast year ..I was standind feet away from his set up ...at that time it was a 5150 half stack and a dual cutaway Hamer Sunburst ...with the original lookin' duncans...that's it ..no spare axes or pedals...

He broke a string twice on his Hamer...without a spare axe..

His tone was nothing to brag about live ...but he does cop a good sound in the studio..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

here's the picture of his guitar I took last year.

Comment

Yep that's the Hamers he uses ...when I saw him play ...nothing but a chord into his amp ...that's it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

He was bone dry ..no effects , boxes or whatnots.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We had a big discusson about them last year. Awesome tone for sure. I think we wittled it down to a 5150 with some sort of magic pickup combonation...maybe a stomp box or osmething pushing the front end a bit more. THey have anew CD coming out in March...you can download the song "ambassador of pain" damn good stuff!

http://www.kataklysm.net

Comment

a 5150. It can't be.
            i think he maybe has a compressor or Sonic maximizer in a hidden rack bhind his setup.

The sound is way to tight and focused for a 5150,
            but hey, with a good studio equipment, u could make a create 15 watt amp sound good

Comment

well, he was usin ga 5150 when I saw'em. CAugh6t a glimpse of the amps whiel teh roadies got things set up. he was plugged into a 5150 that night. into an Ampeg 4x12 though....which was weird.

Comment

That's Strange ...Inflames had that same combo a few years ago ./...5150top on an Ampeg 4 12

John and I used to use that exact combo over ten years ago ...The Ampegs we bought were loaded with Celestion 75s...they're decent cabs.

Comment

Working...
                X