Darkane Gear & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkane Gear & Discussion

As I promised, here's the Darkane thread. Let's make this last people!

I know at least one of the guitarists plays an Ibanez RG, but that's ALL I know about their gear whatsoever...Anyone care to chime in on amps and such? I'm expecting 5150's, since these guys are Swedes... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone else here prefer Insanity over Expanding Senses?

Re: Darkane Gear & Discussion

I heard an mp3 of theirs a few months ago, they had an awesome tone so i emailed the guitarist asking which amps they were using. Engl savage 120 was the answer.
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Saw them live. Malmström used an Ibanez of some sort, the other guy played a Gibson Explorer. I don't remember their exact amps, but they didn't use Savages AFAIR. Could've been some of the rack gear... dunno really. There was a LOT of stuff (7 or so bands that evening)...

Comment

In the video for Chaos Vs. Order you can see Malstrom playing in front o f some marshalls and there is an Engl Savage off to the side...with its little LED's lit up. and they sound like Engl to me any way.

The other guitarist is also in The Defaced, and in their video I've seen the engl savage as well...so I'd go with that notion.

indeed, Darkane has the best tone of all the swedish bands....they rule. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm taking Insanity and Exanding senses to the studio....I want whoever is recording our stuff ...to get us anywhere near that sound!

If a 5150 or Engl is getting that tone ...I can't what to see what my dick rippin' Uber can do... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Looks like they're indeed using Savages - pic taken from Malmströms official website (link):

Looks quite much like one. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Darkane indeed has the best tone of all the Swedish bands. I like the songs on Expanding Senses better than on Insanity, but the guitars are way too low in the mix for my tastes. Rusted Angel is their best, though, in every way.

The violin-ish lead tone is especially cool.
              sigpic

Comment

I have the same guitar that he uses....Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                  Darkane indeed has the best tone of all the Swedish bands. I like the songs on Expanding Senses better than on Insanity, but the guitars are way too low in the mix for my tastes. Rusted Angel is their best, though, in every way.

The violin-ish lead tone is especially cool.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Couldn't have said it better! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                  X