New Machine Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Machine Head

I didn't realize they released a new record, though it's not released in the US (yet). Check out the vid of the first track, Imperium here with Phil Demmel using THREE Jacksons (V, Warrior, and I think Soloist)

http://www.machinehead1.com/media.html

I listened to the rest of the record from my friend who got it online - and it sounds like their best stuff since The More Things Change. Oh, the new cd is Through the Ashes of Empires:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Re: New Machine Head

When Machine Head released Burn My Eyes, I was an instant fan. I was a bit so-so about The More Things Change, and I can't stand Burning Red and Supercharger. The new one is really good. I have listened to it nonstop since I received it. It's a shame Roadrunner is sitting on it. The b*stards.

Comment

I never got Supercharger, but I thought the other three were really good and still listen to them from time to time. I won a free copy of The Burning Red from my local radio station when that came out! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'll most likely eventually pick up the new one. It's cool Rob and Phil are a guitar team again! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to pick up the new one too...if Roadrunner would release it here! WTF?! With it being released abroad, it's only hurting potential buyers here in the U.S. since those unwilling to pay $30+ for an imported cd can just find it using Napster-clones.

Anyway, this cd almost makes up for the past 2 Machine Head records, which I thought were mostly a disappointment compared to their first 2.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Let freedom ring with a shot-gun BLAAAAASSSSTTT!!!

Comment

i don't have the new album but i saw them live in Glasgow last year, and the new stuff sounds great- plenty double kick drumming like it should be. burning red and supercharger were so weak, but the new stuff is a much better direction. they've even started playing solos in songs that didn't have them before, and yeh, phil's jacksons were really cool, got a bit jealous watching, heheh

Comment

ah, the memories boxcar willie!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

their new album kicks ass in a way they haven't done since burn my eyes. it's great to see that bands like that can really return to form without just totally re-doing old material.
              I like all their albums except supercharger.

- Rune.

Comment

I just watched the video for that song, it's awesome!! Definitely going on my list of cds to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by achren_git:
                  i don't have the new album but i saw them live in Glasgow last year, and the new stuff sounds great- plenty double kick drumming like it should be. burning red and supercharger were so weak, but the new stuff is a much better direction. they've even started playing solos in songs that didn't have them before, and yeh, phil's jacksons were really cool, got a bit jealous watching, heheh
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey! I've seen your band twice! RELEASE THE JAG! 'Mon the Achren!

Comment

heheh, cheers for the endorsement. we should have more (necro)jag recorded soon, plus more gigs, check out This new Promoter think there's gonna be a metal club on after the gig too (on a saturday too!)

Comment

Here are some pics of the King V in question...

Comment

I picked up the disc a couple of days ago, it kicks major ass even after listening through it 8-9 times in short time...it's one of those records that you can go through in its entirety without having to skip a track. (aka. "Rune's mark of quality") I love the way they blend heavy verses with more open vocals and harmonies and stuff in the refrains.

Cool thing is that J/C forum's very own Brian McD gets props in the album cover leaflet [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

now why the hell isn't MachineHead and other bands listed on jacksonguitars.com as Jackson endorsers? Are they only getting $100 discounts or something? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Rune. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

one more thing, for you fellas in the US the album should be out on Roadrunner soon according to this article

- Rune.

Comment

The jackson website isn't updated. They probably won't be on there until we see the 2004 catalog come out. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Indeed, however, MACHINEHEAD IS BACK FUCKERS! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

That new video they have rules.

Comment

Never heard of them before, and now can't stop listening!!! I am now a devotee!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X