COC live gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COC live gear

I know they are not Jackson guys, but they're one of my absolute favorite bands of all time. Do any of you guys know what Woody and Pepper use in their live racks? For amps I'm pretty certain that Woody has some Dual Recs, and Pepper uses Mesa .50 Caliber+ heads, both of them use Marshall cabinets...but as far as other rack gear and effects go I'm not totally sure!! If any of you guys could help me out that would be rad.

Re: COC live gear

I really can't remember offhand, but I found this on guitargeek.com http://guitargeek.com/rigview/410/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toejam that's cool! Now that I think about it, I could get a Raliegh area phonebook and just call one of them up and ask!

Comment

Cool. Give 'em a call!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Geez...

Like a gazillion years ago, when I saw COC at a local community college...I was talking to Woody about his gear. Back then (we're talking 1987...the tour they did for the Technocracy EP)
          He was using a Marshall JCM 800 head thru an old Acoustic cabinet loaded with greenback Celestions.
          His pedals were a Boss overdrive, and a couple of other misc effects like chorus, and flange.

Times have changed, and I'm sure his rig has too.

Comment

Did he still have that old SG? Woodrow is the man!!

Comment

Well I think they struck an endorsement deal a few year back with ESPee [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              But I think Woody Still plays Gibson SG's...I know Pepper also has a '74 beat to shit Gibson SG (with the small block inlays...I think that was an SG Deluxe) I saw him using that guitar with Down when I last saw them.

Comment

From what I've heard they use their Gibsons in the studio and ESPs on tour...for ESPs they don't look bad either. Woody's is white and beat to hell, Pepper's has those New Orleans inlays...not bad I say. Doesn't matter what gear he plays, Woody's got a great tone!

Comment

He always has...as far back as COC goes...and it's more awesome to hear live!

Comment

I've always told myself that when they started up a tour (they start them all in Raleigh) that I'd drive up there for the night and see them, because I've loved them for years!! But unfortunately they haven't been doing anything in a while...I guess Pepper being in Down put everything on hold. Hopefully they'll put something new out, and if not I'm gonna ask the other members to join my upstart band!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                      For amps I'm pretty certain that Woody has some Dual Recs, and Pepper uses Mesa .50 Caliber+ heads, both of them use Marshall cabinets...but as far as other rack gear and effects go I'm not totally sure!! If any of you guys could help me out that would be rad.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think they both play Mesa Cabs as well as heads. In the "Live Volume" DVD you can see the backline. They look like the old metal grill open back's that Mesa made in the 80's.
                      But, the spray-painted cab on the cover of High Volume Dealer is obviously the back side of a Marshall JCM series, guess they didn't want to screw up their Boogie stuff.

Comment

Sorry, I meant the cover of the DVD has the Marshall, not the CD.

Comment

Working...
                        X