Pestilence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pestilence

I just dug out Pestilence's "Testimony Of The Ancients" cd (1991) and am listening to it. I forgot how good this Holland death metal band was!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The singer, Patrick Mameli, used to be featured in some magazines back in the day with a dark blue toothpaste logo Charvel. Anyone remember what guitar it was or what other gear these guys used? And whatever happened to them anyway?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Pestilence

Joe ...you sick bastege I was just bangin' to "Consuming Impulse" yesterday...

I just picked up the 2 0n 1 re-issue of Consumings / Acients...

Yes this is some great stuff ...even 'till this day ...this is inspiring me for some more technical riffage.. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

so technical ...I can't play my own shit yet ...but that how all my riffs are ...I like a challenge ... I torture myself ...

but at the end of the day ....it sounds pretty fucked up...

Bands like Pestilence , Atheist , Coronor , Cynic , Matyr , Symbyosis , Sadus , Theory in Practice... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Dude you have to get Sybyosis .."Crisis" ...it's one of my very faves...I know you'll love it ...Century Media had 'em for ten bucks ...they went on Ebay for over 25 bucks a while ago..because nobody had them in stock..AWESOME STUFF!!!

anyone ever hear of these guys ...I mention them evertime bands like these come up..!!!

All Hail Tech. Death...Pestilence Rules!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool!! I'll have to check some of that other stuff out. I've got the Cynic cd (Tony Choy played bass on the Pestilence album too). I've heard some Athiest, Coroner and Sadus before and thought they were cool, just never got any of their stuff. Gotta get Symbyosis and some more new stuff for my collection! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

pestillence is awesome.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Yes Pestilence is awesome as are all those other technical death metal bands. I just downloaded the music clip of Nocturnus' Alter Reality and noticed that one of their guitar players uses a white Jackson Warrior, way cool.

Another cool band of that kind (and i guess they are not that known) is Sceptic from poland. They even do a cover of Nocturnus' Arctic Crypt on one of their cd's. Anybody who likes technical death metal stuff should check them out. Sceptic is the main band from the one of the guitar players of Dies Irae, the side project of some vader guys.

I guess i have to check out Sybyosis if they are that cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Pestilence are one of my faves too.IIRC Patrick used valvestates on TOTA and a zoom preamp + valvestates power amp on spheres...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
              Pestilence are one of my faves too.IIRC Patrick used valvestates on TOTA and a zoom preamp + valvestates power amp on spheres...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sweet!!! I've still got my old '92 Valvestate (8240 stereo chorus 2x12). Got it brand new around '93. It's still going strong and is in my basement where it still gets played quite often. Though, I've now got a Mesa F-30, so that sees a bit more play in my living room. Hmmm, I should bring it down the basement and play through both at the same time! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X