dimmu borgir tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimmu borgir tuning

are they tuned to standard E or E flat? their tone is so damned huge...but all the tabs i've found have it in either E or Eb.

Re: dimmu borgir tuning

I'm no fan so to speak but I've listened to them recently a bit, and the songs I've heard were in standard E tuning.

Comment

They tune to standard E, at least on the Spiritual Black Dimensions album.

Comment

awesome....I'm starting to enjoy the crisper tone of a guitar tuned to E or E flat now...I may have to do a re-set up on my RR3 (it's currently tuned down to C)

Comment

Just get heavy ass strings. You will still have to set up the guitar though.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I think you like the fat sound of it, right? Try another string gauge - a fatter one. And try reducing gain a little bit and volume your amp higher than usually.

I heard new album and as far as I hear they don't have gain set to maximum.

Sometimes musicians want to pull the hell out of the guitar tone and set their gain to max.
            I'm not saying you have set your gain high but it might be the trick in it.

Chuck Schuldiner played on Valvestate 80 gain channel and had awesome sound, while Borgirs play Digitech effect units.

Oh yes, for fatter tone try setting the colour of your tone (mid, hi, lo).

Comment

They play in standard but on PEM and DCA they recorded guitar tracks in both B and E on the album. Live, they just play the same chords they did in B, but omit the low string and play a three string 4th chord basically...

So they live they play this:
              -
              -
              -

While on record they would've played:
              -
              -
              -

And they would've recorded the standard tuning part too, so you could hear all of those notes on the album. If you watch the Progenies music video, Silenoz has a 7 string import Kelly. But live they still both play 6 strings, King V's and Rhoads models.

That info on the recording half the tracks in B and half the tracks in E comes straight from an e-mail Silenoz sent me about 2 years ago [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, I would've just e-maile dsilenoz or galder..but their site is down getting updated.

they were both using ENGL amplifiers live this last tour. I need to figure out if tha tdigitech 2101 is really worth the money...that thing is cool.

Don't worry about heavy ass strings either... I'm running teh GHS zakk wylde sig. boomers. 10-60

Comment

Working...
                X