New Guitar World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar World

You metal fans need to check out the latest issue of Guitar World with Dave Grohl on the cover. There is a great article about Arch Enemy in there, and a poster to boot!! I'm looking forward to finishing it up in the bookstore next time I'm on break at work.

Re: New Guitar World

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
    I'm looking forward to finishing it up in the bookstore next time I'm on break at work.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Exactly what I do. Read all of the magazines at the store, write down any important bands names or info, and never actually buy the magazine.

Comment

That's... uh... kind of pathetic. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Are you really hurting for cash? Is that five dollars going to make your next rent payment late? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'm just kidding. Seriously, it's a great issue and everyone should check it out. Flame away, but I think Dave Grohl is the shit. Arch Enemy is pretty cool, too. They need an article about Killswitch.

Comment

Hey, some people are real cheap bas...er, I mean really frugal! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I used to read the titty mags at the store so my wife wouldn't get mad at me for having them at home. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mask:
            That's... uh... kind of pathetic. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Are you really hurting for cash? Is that five dollars going to make your next rent payment late? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'm just kidding. Seriously, it's a great issue and everyone should check it out. Flame away, but I think Dave Grohl is the shit. Arch Enemy is pretty cool, too. They need an article about Killswitch.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to buy magazines all the time, then I realized what a waste of money it was. So now I'm in the habit of buying almost no magazines. $5 is definitely not a lot of money, but small amounts of money do add up.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Hey, some people are real cheap bas...er, I mean really frugal! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bet ya these same people are the ones who complain about how it's wrong to download music, too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bet ya these same people are the ones who complain about how it's wrong to download music, too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Yep, I was a hypocrite. I used to complain to people about downloading music a lot. I still don't download music very much, but I don't really care anymore. People will do what they do, I just waste my time trying to teach them simple morals. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I do it mainly to pass the time after I eat because the timeclock won't let me clock back in until my 30 minutes is up, but I think I might pick this one up. There was an article about CoF, Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall on tour in the issue with Kurt Cobain (which I did buy because of the great Rancid article and the details of Quinn Allman's rig [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Comment

Magazines are too expensive these days, $5-6 per issue it seems. I have a hard time purchasing them when just a few sections interest me. Plus, you could often get a year subscription for the price of about 3-4 individual issues. My local Borders is full of people demolishing stacks of books and magazines over $1.50 cups of coffee. If I buy something there, I reach to the bottom of the stack to avoid all the dog-ears, fingerprints, pastry crumbs and coffee stains. Borders is successful, however, so they must make up for their damaged goods by charging full retail on most everything.

Comment

And, most importantly, it's friggin Guitar World. They'd have to pay me to read that rag.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
                          I used to read the titty mags at the store so my wife wouldn't get mad at me for having them at home. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You actually read those magazines??
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

i hate those magazines...the pages are always stickin together by the 2nd or 3rd read.

I prefer online browsing...monitors clean up so much easier. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw Arch Enemy last year(maybe the year before) supporting Opeth in Glasgow, Scotland and thought they were quite entertaining, Opeth bored me to tears. Recently I saw them again and I left after 3 songs because they were so awful and looked like they were going to get worse (I am reliably informed that they did).

They were however trying to follow an absolutely sterling performance by British Death/Black Metal band Akercocke who completely blasted AE off stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X