Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

edge of sanity/dan swano....best tone ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edge of sanity/dan swano....best tone ever.

The guitar tone on crimson II is the damned best tone ....ever. fromt eh leads..to the mega thick rhythm tone. IT's perfect. What did he and Mike Wead use for gear? And what kind of keyboard did he use....I need a keyboard too...that shit is also perfect. this is the best album ever...of all time...THe melodic parts....damn. amazing! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Re: edge of sanity/dan swano....best tone ever.

Yes ...I've been a Mike Wead fan foe quite a while...

Here is all of his works...

By Memory..

Of course King Diamond AND Merciful Fate..

Hexenhouse..Deja Vodoo / Tribute to insanity / Edge of eternity / Awakening

Abstrakt Algebgra...awesome

Momento Mori..Songs of the apocalypse / La danse macabre / rymes of lunacy / lief deah and other morbid tales..

He's produced and is friends with a bunch of other cool bands ..

Tad Marose / Memory Garden / The almighty Candlemass / Fifth Reason...etc.

He always played marshalls and stock and custom strats...basically..as far as I know..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dude we have common taste in metal...that's a no brainer..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if Mike used the same stuff, but all of Dan's stuff was recorded with......Dun da da daaaa! Pod XT. I read that on the Swano board from Dan himself. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f...17112bea7&f=69 He said he is using some amp softwear called Trash now.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

It's so weird that me and my bud Rich were drinking beers last night to Crimson 2. I thought we were the only people on eaerth who had that CD!
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
            The guitar tone on crimson II is the damned best tone ....ever. fromt eh leads..to the mega thick rhythm tone. IT's perfect. What did he and Mike Wead use for gear? And what kind of keyboard did he use....I need a keyboard too...that shit is also perfect. this is the best album ever...of all time...THe melodic parts....damn. amazing! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">pod xt he uses but I really don't like the drum sound on the album to fat , the snare is just way to big and the kicks are fat as well so when he speeds up it sounds way to noisey , the production kinda rememds me of black winter day from amorphis they had these same problems , but yeah crimson 2 is a awesome album besides all that ! //Steve

Comment

Awesome album indeed... I bought it three days before it came out (Remedy Records in Hamburg got it early).
              Some weeks ago the other guitarist in my band bought it too... after hearing just one minute of it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was pretty surprised when I read that he used a PodXT for it, and that there's no real bass on the album, as he only used bass software.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                Awesome album indeed... I bought it three days before it came out (Remedy Records in Hamburg got it early).
                Some weeks ago the other guitarist in my band bought it too... after hearing just one minute of it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was pretty surprised when I read that he used a PodXT for it, and that there's no real bass on the album, as he only used bass software.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah have you guys heard these samples of this bass software ? check it out http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-156 also I think I still like some of the sounds on the vamp 2 better than the pod xt even though the pod is built better but for the buck the vamp 2 is better , like the engl savage setting through 1 8inch speaker [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] no shit it does realy kick ass and sounds good , I would never use em live though just studio cause I could never relie on a sound dude to do his job proper [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                X