Hot guitarist Video.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot guitarist Video.....

I have this video and I think that is what it's called, I can't find it at the moment, but anyway it had George Lynch and Vivian Campbell, Nuno Bettencourt and Yngwie on it.

If any of you have seen it, when George Lynch comes on he is playing this awesome tune. Does anyone know what it is or what album it is on if any?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Hot guitarist Video.....

Yeah ...I have that tape...he's in the studio playing lead tracks to "Dance of the dogs" and "All I want" from the first Lynch Mob album..If I remember right.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill,

Yea, that's it, but the song I'm talking about isn't on the Wicked Sensation Album with those other two. For all I know it may just have been some jam he came up with, but it was real cool.

Comment

Yeah ...probably some off the cuff shred stuff...A lot of old nice vintage tube amps in the background..huh??

He has an old 60's Park..or something like that ...when did you ever see one of those in person.. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Any way either one of you can get a soundbite for us?? I'm interested in what this song could be.

Honestly I think he left a couple of great songs off of Lynch Mob when they cut Love Finds A Way and Love In Your Eyes. His reasoning was that there were too many songs with love in it... Thank goodness he included them and some great covers on Will Play For Food...
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky,

IF I could find the video, it would be at least a week before I could get a soundbite from it(long Story) Maybe Bill can get one for us [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That Hot Guitarist video features just a snippet from George's REH Instructional video. He is doing solo overdubs for 'Dance of the Dogs' as previously stated. Interesting that he was using a stock ESP strathead, that was his fave for that particular 5 minutes...Orange quilt, hum-single-single, very un-Lynch-like guitar. He also plays through an ENGL head for the entire instructional portion of the vid. Can't tell what he's playing in the studio, there are a couple of Soldanos in the background, but they aren't hooked up or even on.

Comment

I dunno ...I had that tape over ten years ago...

I remembered those two songs from Lynch Mob's "wicked sensation" album ...which was a great Lynch album...IMO

I don't have that tape anymore guys ...sorry.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                  Any way either one of you can get a soundbite for us?? I'm interested in what this song could be.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here is the jam I think your talking about.

Lynch Jam

The Hot Guitarist video took the tapping section from his REH video he did a while back. I think it's the tapping section anyway. He's playing a Desert Kamikaze for this. I don't know what amp though. He has a few in the background.

I recognize some of the pieces but I don't think that it was any particular solo or song.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Jack,

That's not the one I was talking about, it's the one on the Video(Hot Guitarist) when he first comes on, he's playing that orange quilt ESP, it kinda fades in real quick and it has his name appear on the screen as he's playing it.

It lasts for a bit and then fades out before he starts talking. It would be awesome if you can post that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The two songs he is playing on his orange quilt is ...Dance of the dogs amd All I want Off the first lynch mob "wicked Sensation" disc...this I know!!!

Then he goes over his tapping techniques with mucho echo on and I think that's what jack is talking about...

Comment

Bill ,

Your right, but those two songs actually say what they are on the screen and they are a bit into the video, as I said this is the VERY begining of the George Lynch segment.

I can't remember,but I thought he also did street fighting man on the video, although that may have been on the instructional video instead.

Comment

Ok guys, I found the video! But I have no clue how to get sound bites off it.

Turns out we were SLIGHTLY wrong Bill [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The only song from the Lynch Mob album on the hot guitarist video is Dance of the Dogs. The other songs are on the instructional video.

Comment

Working...
                          X