Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica last night

Originally posted by Hyperfuzz:
    I got to thinking...(yeah, that's a rarity)...is there anything this band could do to win me back? We had a lot of great years together starting in 1982 or so. I guess somewhere in my heart I'll always have some feelings for them....or do I? I don't know anymore. It's like a great relationship with a woman that goes to total hell at the end....you want remember the good times but what's the point? I'm just too soured and jaded now.

Ok, I'm tired of thinking now. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree 110%. Metallica were my favorite band in the entire freakin' world by far when I was in high school. I saw them in '89 on the Damaged Justice tour, still to this day the best concert I have ever seen. But I haven't liked anything from Load onward. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I want to believe in them, but it's tough. At least there are always live shows....

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousteve:
      He seems to of got his brain into gear.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...to have gotten his brain into gear.
      [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

(Still a F'd up sentence though! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] )
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron strikes again!
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I may go and see them, it has been like 10 years since the last time. I see they didn`t play Sanitarium yet, they better if I go [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Please Lord, no Saint Anger sucky songs and oh nothing after Justice, please [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Sorry, Jack - didn't you see the set lists (posted above) ?

Expect a few sucky songs! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

if we all clap our hands and say "i do believe in faries" then and only then will metallica start making kickass records again.

Comment

Originally posted by metalcriminal:
                if we all clap our hands and say "i do believe in faries" then and only then will metallica start making kickass records again.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I saw them at earls court on the 19th. they realy kicked ass. I am going too see them again in june at the secc in glasgow.

I was hoping kirk would play his 85 rhoads but nah.

Comment

Originally posted by YELLBOY:
                    I saw them at earls court on the 19th. they realy kicked ass. I am going too see them again in june at the secc in glasgow.

I was hoping kirk would play his 85 rhoads but nah.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Were you lucky enough to get a standing ticket? Me and some friends tried to get standing tickets for the 19th but they were sold out within one hour [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Didn't they perform on TV last night? I dozed off just after midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                        Didn't they perform on TV last night? I dozed off just after midnight.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saw it for a moment, They played The Unnamed Feeling or whatever that song is called.

I was hoping they would have played something older, but nope.

On a side note, man age has really hit those guys hard.

Comment

They played Am I Evil up to where the good bit enters then they played Hit The Lights i think.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I saw them in london on the second night at earls court. Was an awesome gig, especially as they did the full versions of The Four Horsemen and Ride the Lightning. And only Frantic with a guitar solo in it. The less they play off the new album the better.

But what an awesome gig, and I saw james playing his grynch thing for the first time. Quite a nice guitar in the flesh. But mostly gibsons and esp's the whole night, kirk's RR didnt get a play, instead he used this new les paul he's been using the last few times i saw them.

When they played Am I Evil for you did they do the whole version? Or stop just before it gets good?

Dunno about anyone else but up close James is looking very old and overweight....

They still rocked tho, best i've seen them in ages.

Comment

Working...
                            X