Guitar for the Practicing Musician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar for the Practicing Musician

I didn't know GFTPM still existed under that name... is that what it is still called, or is it something else now (Guitar One, Guitar, etc) ?

Re: Guitar for the Practicing Musician

Guitar One owns it now, the magazine that is being discussed here is a one-off that Guitar One did.

Comment

I wish that mag still existed. I have almost every issue from 1984 through 1992. That mag ruled. Most of them still have their posters in them except the george lynch posters, they were hung up in our old practice room.

Comment

I got that book but didn't notice it had the old logo/title on it till I read this post [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Man I miss that book when it was good. I tossed out a bunch of them a few years ago - ones I thought had songs I didn't care for (newer/90's issues with all the Grunge and whatnot) but kept all my late 80's/early 90's issues - and all the good posters [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Man, I'd love to spend some time reading all those back issues! Anybody in California got a collection?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Guitar for the Practicing Musician

Guitar Magazine just put out a GFTPM with a salute to the 80s. Good pics of Randy's Jacksons and a Lynch Strathead.

I apologize if there are any other posts about this, I didn't see any.

Comment

I picked that up last night and it is a great issue. Tons of cool interviews and loads of classic pics.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I've still got a bunch of them. Didn't buy every issue, but would pick them up as they interested me. Was just reading an old Demartini cover story last week

Ron, I too live on the Pacific coast.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I have amassed an impressive collection of them... I am only missing 6 issues between 1983 and 1996, then I only bought the good ones (few and far between since then) until recently. Reading them is such a nostalgic blast from the past, man. And the posters are awesome. Oh, and then there's the great tabs too.... goddamn I miss that mag...

Comment

I keep packing mine around every time I move. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I lost the original Randy issue from 82'. I think it just got tattered and the X probably tossed it out. Man you didn’t even need to look through them at one time, cuz you knew they were going to have something good. Even the ads were cool enough to buy the mag for. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I have e-mailed the mags to "diplomatically" express my feelings toward the lack of talented guitarist featured in there mag these day's but, they never reply. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Not even a "Thanks for the input".
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

only problem now is there are no guitar heros... hardly anyone anybody has heard of has any chops..

Dave

Comment

alexi lahos - children of bodom

andy laroque - king diamond (just saw them last weekend)

michael shanker is back and playing out

cristof - widow
                        brand new album out on tribunal and we're here to bring back everything you loved about metal including the guitar hero!
                        use link below to listen to mp3's
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        |
                        v
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I got this issue a few days ago.

I have a ton of GFTPM from the 80s.

Comment

I got the issue a week or so ago at my local Shop Rite while doing some food shopping. I had to do a double-take when I saw it was an issue of GFTPM. Brings back the good old days! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I subscribed from '85 to '99 and have tracked down darn near every issue that I missed or lost along the way. I think I'm missing only 2 or 3 now.
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                              X