Jeff Loomis playing Schecter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Loomis playing Schecter!

Just noticed in some pics from the show on Tuesday, Jeff Loomis used a 7 string Schecter for a few songs!

Anyone able to identify the model from that pic? It's the only one that shows the Schecter...

Re: Jeff Loomis playing Schecter!

I was surprised to see Jeff playing Schecter as well. I thought he was an ESP guy but I'm pretty sure he played the Schecter through their whole set.

Sorry I can't offer any info on the model.

[ November 14, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

Just from that shot, I'd say it's a 007 Elite.

It's entirely possible he's not palying ESP anymore because they no longer make US-market 7 strings...

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I love his hair...

Cheers,
        Nick

Comment

Loomis is a Jackson guy, but he could only gey a deal from ESP. He said he tried for years to get something with Jackson.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
            It's entirely possible he's not palying ESP anymore because they no longer make US-market 7 strings...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did he even have any US models? The blue one he was using was given to him for free for their video shoot, but it was an LTD.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, they were LTD's. He said he had to change a bunch of stuff to make it play decently.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Do they make anything in the USA anymore?
                Real ESPS are Japan-made and LTDs are Korean. I've heard they still have a US
                custom shop but I doubt it's for any production models. All props to Loomis,
                but he's far from the top of the ESP endorsee foodchain due to Nevermore being fairly obscure.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                  Just noticed in some pics from the show on Tuesday, Jeff Loomis used a 7 string Schecter for a few songs!

Anyone able to identify the model from that pic? It's the only one that shows the Schecter...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and when did he start playing engl amps ? or is that laiho's ? //Steve

Comment

those schecters don't look that bad , i was acually thinking of getting one cause the store I work at is thinking of carrying them and I can get em dirt cheap , but I also saw him with a gibson V trans red with white pickgard in the metal guitarworld edition [with tony and dime and kerry on the front] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and when did he start playing engl amps ? or is that laiho's ? //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that one of those new glorified Marshall Valvestates? I think it's called the Mode 4 or something like that.

[ November 14, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

007 elite? yeah, I'd say it is too.

Ditto on the Engl amp.

[ November 14, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

The Engl is Dimmu Borgir's most likely.

The rhythm player for Shadows Fall played through a MArshall Mode 4 and he didn't sound half bad at all. major 80's thrash tone. it was pretty cool.

Comment

Yeah the ENGL belonged to Dimmu, both of Dimmu's guitarists were using ENGLs...

Every other band that night played out of the same two Mesa Dual Rectifier stacks...they had a pretty good sound, but I was kinda hoping to see Loomis use his Line6 rack setup to get an idea of what sort of live sound the POD Pro was capable of...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                              those schecters don't look that bad , i was acually thinking of getting one cause the store I work at is thinking of carrying them and I can get em dirt cheap , but I also saw him with a gibson V trans red with white pickgard in the metal guitarworld edition [with tony and dime and kerry on the front] //Steve
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeff got that V from his girlfriend for his birthday, he used it in the studio to record some solos and stuff like that. Apparently it's his favourite guitar he owns, but he could never use it live except for the pre-DHIADW stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X