Deicide in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deicide in Denver

I know this is a Jackson Forum and please don’t flame me, I love my Jacksons, but my cheap BC Rs have a better metal crunch. Also, depending on the model, the necks are flatter, thinner- around and wider (all things I prefer) than either my 85 KV or my Korina KV. Through a POD XT and an old Mesa head/ Marshall 4x12 they have a much more thick larger sound. It’s kind of sad actually I paid $125 for my cheap used Ironbird and about $1,200 for the Korina V and the Ironbird sounds noticeably better. It certainly is WAAAAYYYY inferior in quality and doesn’t have the action or sustain the KV has, but the overall sound is better.

I was never a BC R fan AT ALL. It was Jacksons or nothing for me. But over the last year I have purchased two BCs (a skull pile V and an Ironbird) and I check Ebay every day for a decent deal on a Beast. They really impressed me with the sound.

Eric is an insane player, not to mention Derek the human blast machine. I have see Hate Eternal a lot and he always plays an Ironbird. Will his sig. Model be an Ironbird? If it is they can sign me up for one right now.

It always amazes me that Eric can sing and play the crazy rhythms they have at the same time. He has the most intense look when he sings too….awesome! I wish they had another guitarist live though, a lot of the subtle cool harmony is lost with only him playing. Can’t wait to see them at the Metal Fest in a few days. Then I get to see them again at the Deicide show on the 19th.

Share the specs on the sig model, what did he say about it? J

Re: Deicide in Denver

hasn't Hate Eternal been in Denver like 4 times in the last 3 months? I saw them wwith Arch Enemy in Septmber.

Where did they play last night? I was at teh ogden. Denver was a Metal town last night for sure! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Erik never said that it'd be a signature model, he just said they're it for him as a custom - so wether it will be or not I can't say. He said it will be an Iron Bird with a HE logo across the bottom, 22 frets with no markers and the "King of all Kings" throne as the headstock. If I happen remember anything else he said about it I'll post it here.

Those Iron Birds are cool, I thought they looked sorta stupid until I saw one in person, now I want one.

Bad-ass...

Comment

Deicide in Denver

Good stuff. I saw them last night in Denver, and although I'm a Deicide fan I was there more to see Hate Eternal. Hoffamn played his custom V with an oiled neck and Glen had a sweet Rich Beast bass.

After the show, Hoffamn was pretty cool. He said the nut on Glen's bass busted in the middle of their last song, lol. I didn't really get to talk to Glen much, his voice was totally destroyed and I could barely hear him when he spoke - but according to him they almost didn't play the show because of it.

Talked with Erik Rutan as well, really nice and cool guy. He played a couple BC Rich IronBirds that were really sweet, one being a USA custom they gave him for free. I think I'll end up buying a USA Rich on his reccomendation. He said they're making him a custom Hate Eternal model which from the sound of it (Erik seemed really excited) should be frickin' awesome.

Good night, good show. I would reccomend seeing them if you can.

Comment

Damn I misunderstood. I got all excited about a HE sig series. I’m a moron, sorry. A HE spec Ironbird would rule!!

I have a cheap Ironbird and I love it. It is actually very well balanced, especially sitting down. I am used to V’s though. Mine has 24 frets and a small scale. I really like it to shred. With the small scale you can easily position jump and do 4 note per string scales up and down the neck. It sounds great too. I only paid $125 for it on Ebay, can’t beat that!

Comment

I do work a friend's Beast and it is very large and cumbersome. They look mean as hell, but they are mean as hell on your body too. If you playit sitting down those horns dig right into you. Plus the case is as big as a keyboard case.

Comment

I appreciate the advice Ace. It does look like a pain to play. But, the shape is so awesome that I had to get one. I just picked up a limited edition one black with silver bevels, diamond inlays etc. If it is too much of a pain to play I will just hang it on the wall for some eye candy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Deicide ripped it up at the NJ metal festival this weekend. He played his red-quilt Beast. What a great looking guitar!

Comment

Working...
              X