DeMartini's rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMartini's rig

hey,i was curious about what you dudes know about warrens rig?i heard he uses soldanos now...if so how long has he used them for?what did he use before them? what pickups does he use? what type of distortion unit? tell me everything...

Re: DeMartini\'s rig

Old school...
    http://www.brooksguitarworld.com/wdemartini.html

Comment

Thx for the oldschool at least. I am a huge fan of the guitar sound he had back in the day, especially on Out of the Cellar.

Comment

yes,old school rules!! you want badass guitars,the 80s rules,no this nu metal crap...still looking for a guitar solo or even a different tone than prs through mesa recifier...i'll take my charvels through soldano slo100 any day...and does anybody know what warren used on out of the cellar??and what changed on invasion? i think he has the purest charvel tone...

Comment

They claim he used all Laney Pro Tubes for the first album. He definately used Laney live but you never know what he used in the studio. He could have been a George Lynch amp *****. His tone on the 1st album sounds like Soldano to me.

Comment

warren is known for using a bunch of modded marshalls(arrendondo modded i think)....he had THE ONE that everyone wanted to borrow including lynch, but warren would never let him borrow it

Comment

Because he knows George is notorious for not giving things back... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

dudes!! thanks for the way cool info,i knew somebody had to know more...i have a lot of old guitar mags,but could not find any real details,let alone to know if the info was even authentic.killer tone is definately my thing.does anybody know about his pickups? there is a definate similairity in any of my charvels that have the j-90;i am suspecting this or maybe the duncan distortion??i am wondering how long has the j-90 been around for? i had heard that many early jacksons and some charvels had the duncan distortion...sorry for all the questions,but i'm a sponge for tone info.i am a tone freak-pedal fanatic-pickup addict...thanks again!!!

Comment

I'm wanting to say that him and Robbin used Seymour Duncan JBs and Distortions, and maybe Robbin had a few guitars with Jackson pickups too.

Comment

Working...
                  X