I go to G3 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I go to G3 tomorrow

Tomorrow 730 AJ Polumbo (spelling) in ****tsburgh PA.

I'll post a little bit tomorrow night.

Re: I go to G3 tomorrow

Are you going to annoy your fellow concert-goers with tales of which books and luthier tools you will be buying? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nope, I sat in my chair, first row front and center and enjoyed the show.

I do apologize if I ask too many questions. I ask alot of questions because there is alot to know.

Like it or not.

Okay, to the skinny of the concert.

We get there at 730, Yngwie Starts at 8. He plays 3 songs I actually remembered, then just jammed the whole time. Looked like he was having alot of fun and even as gay as his kicks were, I thought it was cool when he would throw a pick and then kick it into the air.

He was WAY too loud, thank god I brought ear plugs, I do not know how much was plugged in, but he had 10 heads and 10 cabs. Ends at 9PM

AT 910 PM Steve Vai Tony McAlpine Billy Sheehan*spelling* with that other guitarist (forget his name) and their drummer to play. He starts the show with his 3 necked guitar, and then takes it off and goes through a series of white Ibanez Jems. ends around 10.

both groups threw picks like crazy into the crowd.

at 1010PM Joe Satriani comes out, omfg what a great show. That fukker rocked! He made some pretty cool comments too, he introduced everyone in his band, and when it got to him he said "You know who I am, and if you don't, you probably don't care" Gave a laugh and ripped into some music.

Great show.

Yngwie Vai and Satriani all came out, played some hendrix, and rockin in the free world, with loads of solos for all of them. They were all joking around slapping each others guitar strings and shiit.

The AJ Polumbo Center is a giant gymnasium off of Duquesne University campus, it is a giant one, but it is a gym none the less.

Steve Vai says, "It is an honor to be playing for you in this...gymnasium.."

There was one point when Steve Joe and Yngwie were up there, and someone close yelled, LET'S HEAR SOME DROP D!!!!! GET THE 7 STRING!!!!!!

Vai kinda gestured up and down the fretboard some 1 finger power chords and everyone on stage just kinda chuckled.

Now I went to bring my damn camera to this, but since I can change lenses and my camera is considered pro quality, I had to take it back to the car. Since I am not a press kit person, or have camera passes, I did not get any pics (damnit!).

We go outside after the show, it is 24 degrees, and I walk around to find all the buses. We get to Malmsteens bus, and some woman comes out and says, Yngwie does not meet people, but I can take this is to be signed (the door was opened), I said, if that arrogant ****er won't come out, shake my hand in person and just let me, a fan, a fan who buys his cd's, a shirt at the show, and pays for my ticket, then I do not want his damn autograph.

Before this, his drummer walks by, and I give him a fist in the air, and say, *show rocked man!!!!*

He grabs his nuts and makes *monkey* noises. I was like, fkk you pal, I don't want your autograph.

We go over to the other side of the building and go to Joe's bus. we wait, wait wait wait, no go, we find out, people who bought the 100$ tour jacket got meet and greet passes.

So we go over to Vai's bus. Same thing, but there is no wind chill over there, so we stayed there.

Security keeps telling us the band is not coming out, I was like pal, I have been to 276 shows, you tell us this EVERYTIME, but everytime we meet the band, wtf is up with that.

We wait for about 2 hours outside, in the meantime I get the drummer for Vai's bands sig, Billys, Tony's, and I am talking to billy for a bit and he says *drop me an email* wrote his email for me and said *I read and reply to as many as I can* I was like, holy ****!

Tony was pretty cool too. So was the drummer, he said he did work with Marty Friedman, and I said how was he, and he said, one of the best people to work with.

Yngwie's bass player comes out and tells us the Yngwie story, how he will sign but won't meet, I feel guilty for what I said, so instead of saying something, I give him this piece of paper for A Perfect Circles' show coming up to get signed, a couple people give ticket stubs...****er never comes back!

I did not get to meet Joe, but Steve came out and I talked to him a good 5 mins, got him to sign my paper and my ticket (I had a new paper, the chick that was handing out these flyers was HOT so I said, gimme ten (I knew I would need sht to get signed and so would the people with me).

Well Steve comes out and all our pens were frozen, and no one had a sharpie, he runs back in and says I'll be right back, and I said "it's too cold, no he wont, he will just stay in *IN A JOKING VOICE SO EVERYONE WOULD KNOW I WAS JOKING* and he says " See ya suckers! Sucks to be you!!!!"

He comes out with a sharpie. Let's pause. How often do you see a rock star go INSIDE and get a marker, and come out.

He says, "Had I known there were people out here waiting, I would have told them to tell you to come in (there was a whole 10 of us), he said, 10 more would not have hurt anything inside.

I talked to him about guitar stuff, and I said lemme hear something to tell my friends about playing on the Jackson boards.

He said.

"You have to love what you are doing. Love the music, and practice. Practice, practice, practice, and more practice.

I said to him this, "When you start becoming an intermediate player, who can spend a little bit more money on your rig, it helps to find a guitar that fits your hands great, a pick that works for you, just the small things help.

He said "Anything that makes playing more enjoyable is what you need to do."

He shook my hand, my girlfriends hand, apologized for making us wait, bid his farewells and that was it.

I did talk to this guy about guitar tech stuff, I was talking about my tech shop, and my revelation that the person who did my wiring was a fukkin retard, and he told me, wiring is cake, just know what needs to go where, do a few and it will come natural. I was telling him about my setups and how I am getting into refretting, and he is telling me how all will make me at least some money.

Guy walks away, and a few people who knew who he was say, "how do you know him?" and I say he is just some guy I was talking to.

Here is was Zakk Wyldes guitar tech they said, I guess this one kid who knew the staffers and some of the meet and greeters knew who he was.

All the while the guy says he does work, but does not rub it in at all he techs for a rocker.

Not to shabby a night. I did see a fight there too, and I saw ALOT of hot chicks, more than you would think.

All in all a great show.

Comment

PA

Comment

deneb. where are you from?

Comment

I saw the NYC show last night. Yngwie was horrible. What a waist of my time. He only played for 30 min or so, but it felt like eternity. Way too loud, way too piercing. Don't feel too bad about the drummer, I wouldn't be too happy if I was on tour and was on stage less then Pick Boy. John Petrucci and Neal Schon showed up to jam, which was cool, but the sound sucked at the show which ruined it.

Comment

waste [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I did that just for you, since I know that you have nothing better to do with your life. I have to decided to throw out little speling [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] mistakes for you to correct.

Comment

Homie don't play that. Continue in your ignorance! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X