Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: oh lord please no

Originally posted by gold moon soloist:
    Actually, if trl turned people on to anthrax, and real metal was the mainstream, i would be happy as a clam. My problem is seeing a band like anthrax who i love on a show like trl, which corrupts people's minds. Ultimately, the fans decide what should and should not be on trl, so if they take it upon themselves to do vote safe home on to it, i hope they do it because they love and appreciate the music, and not because their friends did it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Saying that TRL corrupts people's minds is misleading in the way that some tried to blame Ozzy and Priest for suicides of
    metalheads. The show reflects trends as
    much as influencing them. Anthrax have been around for almost 20 years now and won't get caught in a mosh by a short time on TRL. It won't change what Anthrax is, and it may bring them some new fans. There is nothing wrong with that, especially since they've had some troubles staying afloat in the past few years. Better TRL than disbanded, eh?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Man, this thread is just stoopid!! More exposure for a metal band, through whatever media source, is a good thing.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And no one ever thought to mention that Anthrax was deep in obscurity until those anthrax virus attacks. They came out and said their name was not as cool as it used to be because of some sick phuc sending the real thing through the mail, and then a scant year+ later they're on TRL.
        Hmmmmmm.

And TRL is decided my MARKETING! If someone can sell a few more CDs from a band with the same name as a recent national crisis like Anthrax, it's gonna happen.

Newc

[ July 07, 2003, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X