Scott Ian spllits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott Ian spllits...

I'm another one of those 12 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, Jeff Loomis is good. I love his rhythm work.

Comment

I saw Anthrax in Glasgow, Scotland last night - 01/07/2003 (that's 1st July 2003 for all you non-UK types) and he was playing a Jackson all night.

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the fact that so many people here are pumped about Loomis and the fact that after this album they will be free from Century Media's lack of support would be a very good reason to go after him. You can't loose with a guy like that cuz he has and will always have the respect of his peers. Also the guy loves Jackson's! When the guy tours hard all over the world showing his gear, it doesn't really matter if his albums out sell Matellica. Not that it's more likely but it's still a good way to show off your guitars.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I heard it through a Jackson dealer rep.

Comment

This stinks! I could see him playing the Washburn Idol though, it's a pretty small guitar and he's a small guy.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Well Im off to see them in about an hour, so Ill report back.
              I might even stay behind and hang around with them... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              But saying that, Ive never done that before and Ive not idea where to wait [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Well, it's been 4 days and Mr.White has yet to report back.

Was he 'Caught in a mosh?'
                Attacked by 'Indians?'
                Did he get 'Fueled' up and took on a 'HyPo Glow?'

Hmmmm......

Normie
                (Waiting for the magical catch phrase)

Comment

Judge Dredd caught him trying to sneak backstage and now he is a local resident at the "Madhouse"! I'm sure he still played his Jackson's though (I hope)!

DAN (RHOADSFAN_74)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe he had an efilnikcufecin, then got caught in some random acts of sensless violence, and now all he's hearing is the sound of white noise. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What about Mike Kinard. He isnt endorsed but should be. He plays Jacksons. He even posts on this board as Jackson....uhh....17. Well ya cant blame me for trying. Jackson should just endorse all of us. If all us are seen just playing Jacksons and tell people than maybe people will catch on. Im just kidding I suck at guitar. But maybe Jackson should get their butts in gear and find some new talent or even old talent. Someone has to get their name out.

Comment

If he took a 'Fist full of Metal' to the head it's possible he's no longer 'Among the Living.'

It's getting late. Anyone got the 'Time?"

Normie
                          (Tick, tick, tickin in my head) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope it was a trecnocnikcufecin. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Bah, Anthrax is another band that's pretty much past being "over the hill" for quite a few years now. Scott was hosting for MTV years ago, and any thrax fans shoulda realized that they're jealous of the $90 a ticket super stadium tours that the nu-metallers are charging... I can understand why they would want to be part of that ( [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ).

As for the list of current endorsers, they're real artists, for the most part, whom haven't "sold out". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

LMAO [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                A whole load of posts devoted to me forgetting to post here again.

Short answer: Scott played his Jacksons all night, and despite a muddy mix leading to not being able to hear any solos, and a f*cking awful support band, was a great gig. They even covered NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!!

Long answer (and I mean long): Scott played his Jackson all night, but, on the way there in my mates car we could smell petrol, but he'd been messing with it before, so we presumed it was just like ok and residual from his tuning or whatever. A bit later on he rung his girlfriend and had a big row with her. We could smell petrol all the way there at like over 100 mph [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Being young and stupid rules. It sounds a lot more dangerous than we thought it was now Im reading it back lol.
                                Anyway, we see the concert, and come back out to his car. His girlfriend had another go at him via phone and told him not to drive his car if it stunk of petrol, according to what her sisters husband said (she was there). We started it and it absolutely reeked of petrol. So we stopped it, pushed it forward, and then looked at where it had been. There was a manhole cover sized pool of petrol there. Eeep. So we pushed the car forward and lifted the bonnet and started it again. It had split the fuel line just before the carb and was spraying petrol all over the engine bay onto a red hot engine.
                                Not good, or, in keeping with the trend of this post, tnedicnihtaedraennikufesin [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Beat that ya b*stards [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                So then we kinda run away from the car in case it goes up, and edge back to it. We then, being freezing cold (being only in t-shirts, boots and jeans), start to hang around at the back of the gig hall, to get warm really. I ask a roadie if we can stand inside he says we can do what we want. So we're there being all quiet and out of the way when one big assed yank roadie tells us to "Get the f*ck out". Fair enough. Then some older roadie from the gig hall beckons us in and starts telling us stories and saying how Anthrax are "one of the last proper rock and roll bands". Then he goes off to carry this PA thing. Then another roadie tells us to "piss off".
                                Then, stood oustide, we hear this American accent go "Hey...". I turn round, its John Bush!!! I turn back around, and crap in my pants [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I shake his hand and speak to him and sh*t and hes the most like non-famous, down to earth famous person ever. He's so cool. And he signed some **** for me too. We werent planning to meet them, but they came out. Scott had f*cked to his hotel room like the whiny voiced jew he is [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] or something, and Rob was nowhere to be seen, but like in a matter of minutes, Charlie came out with two bottles of wine saying he "was fine cos he had wine" (you'll laugh at anything when youre excited at meeting famous people [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and then about 5 minutes later Frankie came out. Again I got stuff signed by them. That whole part of the night frikkin rocked. Then there was the whole pushing a broken car for like 3 miles round seedy backstreets avoiding drug dealers (it aint nice round there) trying to find the main road. Then having teenage bums trying to start fights with you and mug you, then when they realise they havnt got a chance (this one didnt against us, hehe) start begging for money and stuff [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Even though he was like on a bike and had better clothes than me lol. So yeah we waited in an Indian Takeaway till like 2 in the morning till we got a lift and got the car sorted. Although a few times during the night we "went for a walk" and left the car with the windows rolled down in seedy areas lol. It wouldve been worth more dead than alive.
                                But yeah, all in all, a great night. Once I got home safely lol.

Signing off,
                                Jackson reporting Jamesy

[ July 09, 2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Comment

Working...
                                X