Bob Rock defending himself? HAHA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bob Rock defending himself? HAHA!!!

Bob Rock: I know it sounds like sh!t, we meant to do that, yeah, it was SUPPOSED to sound that way, yeah, that's the ticket.

Trying to shake up radio? What a bunch of crap. If you wanted to do something to shake up radio, save it for one of the interchangeable numetal bands, not one of the powerhouse original.

Plain and simple: Metallica trying their hands at numetal. Forget it. Do what you do best, James screaming his vocals, Lars barely competent on drums, and long meedly type solos by Kirk. That is what Metallica is about, read: Ride The Lightning. Do what you do best. Metallica is NOT a numetal band, don't try to be. I will never own this album, if somebody gave it to me, I would give it away or throw it in the trash, its that bad.

A bud of mine was saying that he liked St. Anger, that's cool. But when I asked him, Isn't St. Anger the worst Metallica album ever, he couldn't disagree with me. St. Anger is the worst Metallica release to date. Followed by Reload, Load and back down the line. Steadily worse with each album released.

Comment

This situation will require some damage control. Bob should leave camp Metallica. The album should not be released, and Mutt Lang should take control. Mutt is awesome at what he does. He can bring our boys back around. Again, BYE BYE Bob!!
      1990 Jackson Professional
      1992 Dean ML
      2004 Epiphone Flying V
      2005 Epiphone Dot
      2009 Fender Stratocaster
      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
      2006 Fender P Bass
      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
      Custom Pedalboard
      ADA MP1
      ADA FX2
      Tascam 2488

Comment

Yes of course it was all "Artistic impression" [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] What ever.

That kind of approach may be alright for a Neil Young or a Tom Petty, but not a band whose very essence was in their tightness and dead on attack!
        I think I'm going to listen to some Necrophagest (Thanx Alexi7) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

"Yes, Metallica was going to the Sh*tty sound of under funded. They public will love it. I DO!"-bob rock

lol

Comment

Bob Rock: I know it sounds like sh!t, we meant to do that, yeah, it was SUPPOSED to sound that way, yeah, that's the ticket
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly what I was going to write until I saw your post. Yea we wanted it to suck, what a bunch of BS.

Comment

Yeah...This is a flop. With the arrogance that Lars has alone, I could hear him now..."Were so mutherfukking good, that weeee "The Matallifukkingca machine"....could sell records if we PURPOSLY made them sound like ****. We are that fukking good! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I have a feeling we are going to be hearing allot of back peddling. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Lerxs nailed it.

Comment

So it is basicly a PUNK ROCK album now.

Comment

I can see Bob Rock quoting Homer Simpson going "Its just a little dirty! Its still good! Its still good!"

I liked Frantic [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] so ya, pretty much "good song, bad production" I think the tour will still kick ass to go to though! unfortunately, i looked at the playlists, and sandman is back >.< fluck, i was getting my hopes up when i heard that they were playing all their old stuff.

Comment

I heard Elektra stopped additional production for now, and may attempt to recall some shipped units. The in-store inventories are too high.

Comment

Bob Rock is the anti-christ of metal. Remember the first 2 Skid Row albums? They rocked! Anybody remember the third????......... nope, Bob Rock pussed them out and they faded away.

Comment

eh, the motley stuff he did was good... especially the corabi disc.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Let's call him the minute man. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard
                            ADA MP1
                            ADA FX2
                            Tascam 2488

Comment

What about all the great stuff Bob Rock has done for Bon Jovi?!? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Bontallica here we come!!
                              The next album will be called Slippery When Reloaded With Black St. Anger. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                                Slippery When Reloaded With Black St. Anger
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                Jamesy

Comment

Working...
                                X