• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: System of a Down - Jackson

Originally posted by Larry:
    Who the hell is Fackson? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fackson/Jender... Jackson/Fender... you know!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bah, that's not a Matamp. It's just an old-ass Orange. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I wish I could lay claim to just ONE of those amps...

Comment

Aren't MatAmps green? And I think they're made by the same people at Orange anyway.

Comment

yeah , i have had to see them 3 times and the lead singer was playing a strat and he cant play his own songs lol. Its amazing what bands get signed , my band is getting signed but your going to freakin bet ill play my song 100% perfect and put my all into it instead of jumping around and acting stupid on stage instead of playing correctly. I dont mind soad , but everyone from thugs to preps know , like and love soad. They're almost like a pop band. I will agree that they will sell jacksons , and thats whats important , and jackson needs as much help as possible because the only people who use jackson are metal metal bands.

Comment

Matamps are available in green, orange, black, blue, and my personal favorite: Matamps have their color on them instead of the name Matamp.

Comment

I was reading on that site, and read a review where a guy said "To touch upon Pantera and Metallica...they are sell outs. In my eyes they are now tools of the media. Nothing more...yet a whole lot less." I understand why he says metallica are sellouts, but why Pantera? Im not saying they arent, but im interested in knowing why. I have not been a fan of them 'that' long, so i dont really know their history... Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                Matamps are available in green, orange, black, blue, and my personal favorite: Matamps have their color on them instead of the name Matamp.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool! I've never seen any other colors that the "orange" Orange and the "green" Matamp, but that was like in a catalog or on some website a long time ago. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I found this link today and found it rather interesting.
                  "Form your own Nu-Metal band"
                  http://www.entertainment.inuk.com/mu...etalguide.html
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Some people say Pantera is a sell out because they originally were kinda gay-metal up until rightaround the time Phil joined the band....here's a site with some old school pix of them http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6731/

Comment

at first i thought i hate SOAD. but then when i saw their concert videos, they are kinda funny you know, especially when that singer make fool of himself by changing his voice and the guitarist keep headbanging his head even after the song was over. i like them cause they are funny and quite ethnic. and now they got jackson player...that's really sell...

Comment

Hmmm...System of a Down's guitar player isn't the mark of perfection. That makes me love his playing even more! All I know is that he's up there with the balls to try to express himself. AND GETTING PAID WELL TO DO IT!!!!!! My God help us if we stifle our artistic expression because we aren't everyones expectation of perfect technique! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

you should see the big day out vid. the guitarist tried to do solo at the end of the songs. when i heard it, i have a mixed feeling whether it is a crap or just an artistic expression. but he played it on ibanez...

Comment

Originally posted by dd3keegs:
                            My God help us if we stifle our artistic expression because we aren't everyones expectation of perfect technique! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well...It's not really that man. If lets say we, pay money for a ticket we expect to see a kick ass performance, becouse, hell, we worked our asses off to see someone, and then they start doing sh*t and not playing the songs how they're supposed to be played? Oh no no! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

EEHHH....gotcha. Maybe he was having a bad nite? Maybe it was his 100th show?? I know what you mean...at the cost of going to shows these days, you want to be entertained. I remember when I saw my first show. It was Def Lepard (pardon the spelling) "High and Dry" tour for 7 bucks!!!! I wasn't dissapointed. However, I also remember seeing Aerosmith "Nights in the Ruts" tour when Steven Tyler sang 2 songs, leaned over to belt out "Dream On..." and kept going until he collapsed into a stage fan. They had to drag him off stage. Lights on...end of show. Sucked.

Comment

I'm almost ashamed at some of the posts on this one. So the consensus is that SOAD sucks? What have you got to show for yourselves? I don't care what my OWN opinion is, you still shouldn't have your heads in such a tight space, ya know what I mean? Open up your minds to artistic expression and quit worrying about the technical aspect of playing. I would buy a SOAD album before any of these ice cold technical "singer has glass in his throat" death metal bands that are completely irrelevant because they sound like every other band in that genre. So BLAH!

[ June 18, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Scott Earls ]

Comment

Working...
                                X