Iced Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iced Earth?

I actually do have the 2 cd version of Horror Show. The interview is great, I love that interviewer's accent! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I think he is asian or arabian or somethin. lol. I like where on the bonus disc they say how many is made or whatever and the interview goes "So get your hands on one as soon as you can!" then Jon goes "Well if they're hearin this, they already got it." interview in return says "Conrgatulations should be the message then!" lol. It is really cool to listen to sometimes because it goes through a LOT of stuff that is the history of the band. I actually tryed to go to the resturaunt he mentions. Its his parents resturaunt or whatever in some part of Indiana. It was closed that day though [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

which iced earth CD to get? that's easy....all of them. The singer on the self titled debut is pretty hokey and bad. but everythign else on that album kicks ass. Just like every other album Iced Earth has put out. though my least favorite is the Tribute to the Gods...its weak.

Century Media has been releasing remastered versions of all their albums and in July they will be releasing teh 3CD set of Alive in Athens to the U.S. And teh 2CD set of Days of Purgatory. all remastered with new artwork too.

Jon hasn't been playing for 30 years. He started the band in like 86'

if your hand goes numb after playing when teh night falls you need to lower your cholesterol levels man... Alternate picking the triplets is a muscle memory thing, just practice it all day and it'll be easy. I get way more tired playing old school Metallica riffs...the Hetfield Downpicking marathons like Creeping Death and Master of Puppets get my picking hand tired because I tense up too much in the forearm, the only Iced Earth song that gets me tired is probably Colors...but I play it too fast anyway.

Comment

He has been playing since he was 16. He is 40 sdome now. so it is almost 30 years. He started playin when he moved to Florida and wasn't seriously starting a band till 86.

EDIT:

About my arm going numb, Yeah I know what your saying. I played bass for 3 years and I have only been playing guitar for almost 2 years now. I still have a lot to learn and I suck pretty bad lol. I got the summer to work on it though and like I said I will be takin lessons here soon to try and understand this "solo" stuff. I got those Metal Method dvds but I didn't really understand anything.

[ June 02, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Disco Dave ]

Comment

The best way to get into Iced Earth is to get the import 3 cd version of Alive in Athens (not the 2 disc version that's more common). One of the best live albums ever, up there with Ozzy's Speak of the Devil. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Matt just left guys [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , check the thread in the non jackson related talk...

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Dave:
                "So get your hands on one as soon as you can!" then Jon goes "Well if they're hearin this, they already got it." interview in return says "Conrgatulations should be the message then!" lol.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bwahahahahahah! That's great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll have to find that one of these days.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Disco Dave:
                  "So get your hands on one as soon as you can!" then Jon goes "Well if they're hearin this, they already got it." interview in return says "Conrgatulations should be the message then!" lol.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bwahahahahahah! That's great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll have to find that one of these days.
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea, i have this 2 cd version. I thought that part was hilarious...

Comment

Go buy Days of Purgatory(gets you the best of the early stuff) and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

I actually though Horror Show was just plain Horr...ible. I hate that CD and never listen too it. That one really pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                    X